We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

Arizona
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

I will be on Grand Turk Is. on Mon. Feb. 25, on the Princess Cruise ship. I would rather do my own horseback riding trip rather than doing the one that the cruise line offers. How can I get in touch with this "John Mumbles" person who takes people out riding when I get there? The thing I am most interested in is riding in the ocean.

I think we will only be in port until 2:oo pm so that limits my riding time, as I think someone said he usually takes people out in the afternoon.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

Hi,

sunsetridesandtours.com

I just did this tour with my friend in Nov, John and Malik were our guides. They were nice and the beach was awesome. Just make sure everyone knows how to ride. We were on a cruise ship. We didn't have a sunset ride. Our ship left later on in the day.

Edited: 6:59 pm, January 19, 2013
Arizona
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

Thanks alot for the info. Where did you get ahold of these people if you came in on a cruise ship? Did you do the ship's shore excursion?

Louisville, Kentucky
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

they are the only available horse riding on the island. the cruise trip and any trip you would plan would be one and the same. they may do a private ride for you, but you can book that through the cruise as well, since it is the same excursion host. follow the link the previous commenter supplied; it has contact info if you would rather do it that way.

Edited: 11:35 am, January 23, 2013
Grand Turk, null...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

There are two horseback riding operators in Grand Turk. Chukka Adventures that are booked via the cruise ships and Sunset Rides and Tours that are booked independently via their website. IT stands to reason that the latter is more cost effective and only deal with groups of ten and less.

YOU may contact Chukka via your cruise lines and Sunset rides and tours via 649.242.3005 and http://www.sunsetridesandtours.com/home.html and talk to John "mumbles" or Mr. Astwood.

Plantation...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

Is Sunset Rides and Tours close to the port where cruise arrives?

Grand Turk, null...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

Please contact Sunset Rides and tours...I know that John "mumbles" one of the owners works at Capt Hook Bar and Grill which is located right next to the Grand Turk Cruise center, they do pick ups around there.

7. Re: Horseback riding on Grand Turk Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk