We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

Which Grand Turk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

I will visit TCI in mid Dec and want to tour the limestone cave systems. Who do I contact to tour it? What's the best way to do it aside from the expensive tour silver deep provides..I think $125 pp US is too much. Also Mudjadin beach sounds interesting.

West Coast
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

Are you going to be on Grand Turk or Provo?

If you are on Provo, you can take the ferry to North Caicos and rent a car there to get to Middle Caicos.

If you are on Grand Turk, you would have to fly from there to Provo or possibly North Caicos.

For an independent tour, you could contact Cardinal Arthur at 649-946-6107 to see if he still does tours. The Conch Bar caves are spectacular, as is Mudgin Harbour.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

$125 is a good price. To do it by yourself you would have to take a ferry over $40pp. Then rent a car for around $80. Then get lunch etc.

But yes you need to be staying on Provo to take a ferry over and if you are on a cruise ship then you would not have time to take a plane over etc.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

The trip over by boat is worth the price alone. As they say...a picture is worth a thousand words

www.provobums.com/gallery/MIDDLE-CAICOS

Detroit, Michigan
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

Thanks for the comments. I guess I have the geography wrong on exactly where these caves are in respect to Grand Turk. Sound like quite a distance since I'd have to fly over from GTurk.

Any ideas of things to do nearby? yes I'm on a Cruise ship.

Argyle, New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

I am hoping that you get this email notification in your email as I see that you have already made your trip to Grand Turk. I too will be cruising to the island in March of 2013. What did you end up doing for your excursion? Would love to hear what other have done as well. Suggestions?? Thank you!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

Frog, it would be best to start your own thread with proper heading to get better answers, most will see this and assume to answer about Middle Caicos, which is a flight away and not feasible from GT

Argyle, New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

thx

8. Re: Grand Turk-Middle Caicos limestone cave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 pm, June 21, 2013