We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ships not being able to dock?

Which Grand Turk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
68 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ships not being able to dock?

Hi there,

I am about to book a cruise that will stop here in mid December. Does anyone know how likely it is that the port would be cancelled due to sea conditions? please be as specific as you can. Thanks!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cruise Ships not being able to dock?

I was on the Carnival Miracle on December 14, 2011. It was very windy and we docked fine as did another boat. But Carnival cancelled most of their water excursions, so I didn't get to scuba dive and when I tried to snorkel off the Governors Beach I couldn't see anything. Although Carnival cancelled their scuba excursion, while on the beach there was a private dive boat out (not sure what company). We didn't end up booking with Blue Water Divers because they charge 25% if our ship didn't dock.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
847 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cruise Ships not being able to dock?

BarryDVB. Gibbs Cay to swim with the rays would be well worth it , I think, even with a cruise ship excursion (which is much more crowded than others). It really is a unique experience. Or you could just take a cab down to the Sand Bar and hang out with some locals and visitors staying on the island and then wander down the street into the neat old town for a look--it would give you more of an idea about what Grand Turk is really about.

13. Re: Cruise Ships not being able to dock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk