We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 4 others to go to Gibbs Cay

Toronto
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for 4 others to go to Gibbs Cay

Would anyone else be interested in going to Gibbs Cay. The boat requires 6 persons or its a no go!

Google it....Its a must see.

Prefer to go on a day when the cruise ships are not in port as the Cay becomes too busy.

Thanks

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for 4 others to go to Gibbs Cay

When are going to be in Grand Turk? We haven't been to Gibbs Cay for a few years, and would maybe be up for a trip when we are there in Mid October.

You're right, it is a must see. The island itself doesn't have much scenic to offer other than the deserted beach. However, the boat ride is fun, and swimming with the sting rays is awesome. Definitely go when the ships are not in port if you can; that way you will have it all to yourselves. I don't think the local operators on the island will even go when the ships are in, but I could be wrong about that. If you don't find some people to go when you are there, you could always go with the cruisers.

I'm not sure who you are going with, but check with Grand Turk Diving. www.gtdiving.com. Smitty is usually up for the trip anytime, and he can usually recruit a few locals who want to go. They are located on the corner across the street from the Osprey.

2. Re: Looking for 4 others to go to Gibbs Cay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk