We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GrandView

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
421 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
GrandView

To all DEs and frequent visitors:

Any thoughts on GrandView as an accommodation option.

I have hardly see it mentioned anywhere. It appears to have the same type of setup as the rest of establishments lining up Grace bay, but it is listed on specialty lodging on TA with a single review?

Any thoughts or insights? (as far as the level of service, the quality of the units, pool and the beachfront and different services offered)

Thanks

Nick

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GrandView

The units at Grandview are mostly residential with some rented out via vrbo or other sites. There are better options at close to the same price point that would give you more of a resort feel.

Royal West Indies

Ocean Club

Ocean Club West

Sands

Virginia
Level Contributor
641 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GrandView

We stayed at the Grandview this past August. It was our first trip to Provo and I had stumbled upon Grandview searching two bedroom oceanfront accommodations on Grace Bay. We loved it. I wrote the review you refer to under Specialty Lodging so will try not to repeat the same info. For us, we did not mind that it was not a large resort. It was quiet, private, and safe, but gave us the same fantastic location on the best part of Grace Bay that other resorts offered, at a better rate. We did not have to pay a service fee, just the tax and that also saved us some money. Our unit, one of the few that are rented, was extremely well decorated. I had researched the Sands, RWI and Ocean Club West. Grandview is located between RWI and OCW. I thought the unit we rented at Grandview looked a bit more high end than comparably priced units with the same view( Oceanfront) at RWI and OCW. We would have had to pay a lot more for a direct oceanfront condo at the Sands, they would not guarantee how good our "oceanview" would actually be. Pros - private, gorgeous beach, very nice cushioned beach loungers and umbrellas,mid-week maid service, beautiful grounds around pool. Very clean, well kept. Only one other couple there during our visit and we rarely saw them. Also easy walking distance to beach bars at other resorts and restaurants. Cons - no onsite restaurant or evening entertainment. No free water toys (but we rented next door). Each unit is different, so some might not be as nice as the one we stayed in. No resort feel. You are right - very little info! We are returning to Provo this summer - Yay! - although I have not made reservations yet. There is a very good chance we will stay at the Grandview again, but I think it is fun to try different places to stay so I am researching to see if I can find a place as nice for the same amount of money. PM me if you have any other questions.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,495 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GrandView

The Grandview is a nice residential property.

We have friends that live there....so know the property well.

Small 18 unit property ocean front with a tiny pool.

Nice beach frontage.

Not at all a resort feel if that is what you are looking for.

Mike

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GrandView

My only real negative is the pool! So small and not really landscaped, just looks odd or out of proportion.

The rooms are lovely, and chances are other guests either live there or are owners, so more "residential" feel than vacation feel.

Location is great.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
421 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GrandView

Thanks for everyone input

We decided and booked the corner penthouse unit at the venetian. Can't wait

Nick

6. Re: GrandView

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 22, 2015