We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your most memorable dish of 2013

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,837 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Your most memorable dish of 2013

Provo fans, we need to revive this forum. I feel like the forum died a little going into the Oct break and never fully recovered. Many thanks to those posting trip reports and to those asking weather questions to keep this thing alive.

Sooo, what was your most memorable dish this year. And by dish I don't mean "Did you see that dish walking earlier by the pool". I'm talking about food. Ok you can list both if you must (I'm looking at you Scubadave).

There's no right or wrong answer here obviously. We have different tastes and this is after all your experience. So lets hear em...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

I can't wait to read all the answers as we'll be leaving next Saturday for Provo and will get to sample them!

We haven't been on the island yet for 2013 so I can't answer. But, I can tell you what I'm looking forward to trying. The cracked lobster from Middle Caicos Cafe when we go to the fish fry, steak/ frites at Le Bouchon, pizza at Bella Luna and of course lobster at numerous locations but for sure at Bay Bistro!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

Why didn't you go first?

I have many favs: Steak and Frittes at Le Bouchon has best sauce

Big Als awesome burgers with grilled onions

Best lobster was all day Island Vibes beach bbq

Best company for dinner: YOU! at Caicos Cafe

Best overall meal: Coco Bistro bone in Ribeye, grilled veggies

Best fish tacos: Hemingways (lunch only)

Best breakfast (all of it, but stand-out is fresh squeezed OJ that I won't even drink at home) Bay Bistro

Best Chicken: Bay Bistro with wine sauce

Best dessert: Tie Chocolate Foundant at Coyaba, warm brownie and ice cream at Hemingways

Best local: Rice and peas at Miss Moonies (4 different ways!)

Best salads: Tiki Hut (love their homemade ranch dressing)

Best pizza: Baci oven brick

Here's a funny thing about my tastes: I think settings have something to do with taste. I could most on my list at home and it doesn't quite taste the same without the salt in the air, ocean breeze and beach smells.

You asked for one and I gave you a mouthful

Pun entended!

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

It was all good!

Most memorable dish was the cuban sandwich at Las Brisas while enjoying the beautiful view of Chalk Sound.

Most memorable meal was a filet at Bay Bistro.

The fresh coconut shrimp at Sailing Paradise at the Fish Fry were pretty memorable too!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

Definitely Flamingo's coconut curry Grouper....hope I can count it towards 2013 because I must admit I had it last December, hehe! But what's a couple of weeks right?

Loved it so much I had it 3 times in 7 days! :-)

Not a big Lobster fan...gasp! But DH makes up for it! But I love any other kind of seafood....weird, huh? Spoiled here on the West Coast with all the fresh fish I guess.

Edited: 5:47 pm, November 22, 2013
Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

Loved everything and ate at all the great places on our inaugural trip to Provo. Thanks to the forums on trip advisor and Where, When, How dining guide.

But when people ask what I loved best about Provo, it's two things--- the color of the water and the bread they serve before dinner at Coco Bistro. I can taste it now!!

Can't wait to come back!!!

Menomonee Falls...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

Loved everything and ate at all the great places on our inaugural trip to Provo. Thanks to the forums on trip advisor and Where, When, How dining guide.

But when people ask what I loved best about Provo, it's two things--- the color of the water and the bread they serve before dinner at Coco Bistro. I can taste it now!!

Can't wait to come back!!!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

July 4th, 2013, hangin' with the Relayers at OCW. Enjoying Bambarra while ttewks2 played grill master (in training). Grilling up a good old fashion all American BBQ of Cheeseburgers, BBQ chicken w/ jerk seasoning, potato salad, chips, Bambarra, cole slaw, Turks,Head and all the fixin's! Going down to the beach to check out the fire works. Whoops?.....British Island....Duh!.............Coco Bistro? No.... but memorable?............. priceless!!!!!

Just talkin'!

new jersey
Level Contributor
55 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

hey all just returned from 1 week at royal west indies. wonderful resort with great staff. having had dinner at 6 diff restaurants , we have to rate the coco bistro as our # 1 . with out putting them in order , we have sharkbite , hemingway ,the pelican , mango reef and somewhere. yes thats only 6 but we were so worn out from the sun we ate a great pasta dinner in . we spent our 45th wedding anniv at coco bistro on sat nite and it was more then advertised . my 16oz steak was done to perfection but my wifes lamb chops were out of this world. we have eaten lamb chops from new zealand to madame jannetts in aruba and these were the very best she has tasted. our hats off to the bistro and staff and there beautiful landscaping . semper fi

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

Ttewks, Beaches had fireworks that night!

But I guess you cooked your own? ;-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Your most memorable dish of 2013

Que the violin...Spent much of 2013 eating hospital food, and still somehow gained 30 lbs. But my favorite dish in 2012 was the steamed fish at Sailing Paradise. Somehow, the manager recognized my name from the forum and brought out an extra large snapper. Yum!

Edited: 7:54 pm, November 22, 2013