We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfare

ri
6 posts
Save Topic
airfare

What is a fair price to pay for a direct flight from Boston to Turks, the last week of March?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,704 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: airfare

For most visitors to Provo, they usually arrive on connecting flights(Meaning one or two stops). A few arrive on a direct flight from one of the 6-9 gateway Airports like Miami, Atlanta, Charleston, New York, Boston, Toronto,London etc. Since I negotiate my airfares using my person-to person skills direct to the airline, this is what I would be willing to pay for a direct flight out of Boston if had to use the normal booking means in late March 2014. $400-$600. Now if they are charging $900 for a direct flight, that is what it will be. Can't really predict or know what it is going to be for late March? The convenience of a direct flight is nice, since most travelers want to get to that destination in a few hours and not taking 9- 14 hours to get there. The number one day/time to get the best air rates is Tuesday afternoon. There are dozens of components that are involved in establishing airfare rates. One of American Airlines most profitable routes is the Miami to Provo. It's relatively short(500 miles) and uses less fuel(1500 gallons). Now if I could get a direct flight out of my home Detroit Airport without negotiating, I would gladly pay $600. DR. JIM

Edited: 9:26 am, October 26, 2013
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airfare

March is peak season, and only Jetblue flies there, so kinda a monopoly

I'd guess $800-$1200?

To find 1 stop website for all prices, go to

Matrix.itasoftware.com continue to matrix

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airfare

Actually just saw prices in the $400s. Get them now, they'll never be lower!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airfare

I find US Air prices to be reasonable at times. If you can leave on a Monday, and come home on a Monday I'm getting a little over $500. Where it say" search by schedule" if you click on that you will get another option "Low fare finder" It's on the same page where you type in your dates

5. Re: airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 28, 2014