We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth it to do a snorkel excursion?

Maitland, Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth it to do a snorkel excursion?

I've been looking at excursions from the various companies but still can't decide on one. My husband and I would love to do some snorkeling and possibly see sea turtles and rays etc. I would love an excursion that will feed us something decent( not a 5 course meal ) and rum punch. Love the idea of a catamaran as we've done this is In the virgin gorda.

Or would just snorkeling around Bight beach and in front of Coral gardens do the trick?

P.s I'm terrified of Iguanas so no Iguana island for me lol!

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
869 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth it to do a snorkel excursion?

We have gone on the Caicos Dream Tours 1/2 day snorkel several times and enjoy it immensely. They take you outside the 3rd largest reef in the world and the colors are more vivid than you see at Bight Beach and the fish are larger and more varied. You also get a sense of the underwater caves and valleys where the depth will increase by another 20-30 feet. We highly recommend the 1/2 day snorkel tour. You don't have to go to the iguana area and can use the time to snorkel off the shore. Doing that we've seen rays, small lemon sharks, and barracuda, just depends on your luck that day.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,027 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth it to do a snorkel excursion?

1/2 day won't feed you (just conch salsa and chips

Full day Caicos Dream Tours includes beach BBQ at Ft. George, excellent!

Just got back from a full day with Island Vibes. Lunch was ribs, chicken, grouper, conch, and the biggest lobster tail ever.

And the company was awesome!

3. Re: Is it worth it to do a snorkel excursion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 25, 2014