We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

Hi everyone,

I’m booking a trip to Turks & Caicos for the week of June 16th and I’m having a very hard time deciding where to stay. I’ve narrowed my search down to three hotels that fit my budget. Those hotels are Royal West Indies, The Alexandra and Villa Del Mar.

I’ve travelled all over the Caribbean mostly to 4 and 5 star all inclusive resorts so this is the first time my husband and I will be booking a non-all inclusive resort.

I’ve read all the reviews on Trip Advisor, looked at most of the photos and I’m leaning towards booking Royal West Indies (mostly because the price is less than the others).

Does anyone have any advice for me making this tough decision?

Appreciate your feedback.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

I've stayed at the Alexandra and Villa Del Mar, I would stay at any of the three that you picked out though. The Villa del Mar is the newest, and was very comfortable, close to the IGA and a few restaurants and shops, just not right on the beach with no ocean view except for the penthouse... which i believe is a 4 bdrm.

The Alexandra is right on the beach and you can get an ocean view in just about any unit except for the Garden view rooms..these will get you a view of the pools, and beautiful grounds. Mango Reef restaurant/bar is onsite along with an excursion desk on the beach, bikes, kayaks, snorkel gear, free entertainment Tues & Fri. It's also within walking distance to the Bight Reef, and a few restaurants, you can bike it to the shops.

Royal West Indies is also very nice, but have never stayed there, but at the right price i would in a minute Maybe someone else can post what they have to offer.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

This is very helpful camke. Appreciate your advice and you taking the time to help me out ! Will let you know what we decide.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,317 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

Having stayed at RWI and the Alexandra, the Alex is would be my choice. RWI is nice and is a smaller resort, but with all of the changes and upgrades that the Alexandra has done over the past two years, it is a nicer resort (IMO). It does look a little Holiday Innish when you first pull in to the resort, but all of that fades away when you get to their beautiful check in area, and on to your condo. Plus I just like the beach better in that area - wide, good people-watching, but not crowded. These are just my thoughts - but all three are nice properties and I don't believe you would go wrong staying at any of them.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

Alexandra with direct Oceanfront room would provide you with the best Island vibe/view. I have always liked the beachfront of this resort. DR. JIM

Providenciales
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

I've stayed at Villa Del Mar and the Alexandra. I would pick the Alexandra although I like the rooms at Villa Del Mar better.

Dallas
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

We are at the Alexandra now and really like it. We are on the second floor and only have a tiny view of the ocean, but great view of the pool. Since we have been spending most of the days on the beach, I feel the garden view has been ok for us. They have a great beach and I like their beach lounge chairs. The Alex seems to be in the middle of the beach area and I have walked everyday to the shopping area in about 20 minutes. They also have a great restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

Great - thanks to you all for the wonderful feedback and advice.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

While there, was there construction go on next door? I know Beaches has purchased The Veranda.. and was just wondering. Have stayed at the Alex and loved it, but now am worried about next door and being invaded by all that goes on at Beaches.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

There's a public access between the two resorts,and both resorts main walkway to the beach is so far apart. Believe me i checked,... hopefully it won't be a problem.

10. Re: Royal West Indies vs The Alexandra vs Villa Del Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 18, 2014