We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding the Right All Inclusive Holiday

Tweed, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Finding the Right All Inclusive Holiday

We are looking for a special boutique all inclusive to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We have been to Jamaica, Punta Cana, Cuba and Mexico and would like to go somewhere different with a beautiful beach and island. We would like to have room right on the beach with a classic luxury feel with good food. Our budget for the resort is $2500 per person since this is special celebration and then we will use air miles for the flight. I would love some suggestions.

Thanks, Mary Joan

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding the Right All Inclusive Holiday

There are really only 2 AI's here. One is Club Med and the other is Beaches. Club Med is more dormy rooms and Beaches can be full of kids. There is an area that are for adults but it is very busy. This may not be the island for you.

Many places that are not AI that are wonderful. Would you consider this instead?

Tweed, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding the Right All Inclusive Holiday

I would be interested to hear your suggestions for non all inclusives.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding the Right All Inclusive Holiday

I agree with Scubagirl......if you're only wanting All Inclusive, then TCI is not for you. HOWEVER, don't rule it out. Grace Bay is stunning!!!! There are a lot of gorgeous hotels to choose from for your budget. Plus, Provo has many wonderful restaurants to dine at. It's not the type of island that you would want to do an AI...unlike DR and Cuba.

A couple of helpful websites to help you make your decision are-

www.wherewhenhow.com

and

www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc

BTW......we used to live in Kingston.....just down the road from you!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding the Right All Inclusive Holiday

Whereas Grace Bay is stunning and the water beautiful I highly encourage St. Lucia for your 25th. Much more spectacular for that special event. I've been both places and would not hesitate to return to either but for that special occasion it's St. Lucia hands down.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finding the Right All Inclusive Holiday

nevera,

Could you please explain your reasoning with some examples?

We have visited St. Lucia and really liked the island and would someday return to it.

Just curious why it would be more special?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Mike

Edited: 4:54 pm, February 10, 2013
6. Re: Finding the Right All Inclusive Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 12, 2014