We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding Seashells in Turks and Caicos

sanibel island
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Finding Seashells in Turks and Caicos

Before our trip to Turks and Caicos, I didn't find much information on finding seashells. We (two couples) are avid beach combers and snorkelers who love shelling around of the world in search of great areas to see beautiful beaches and collect empty shells along the way. There were a few posts here at TA which helped tremendously so thank you for having this forum (TCI Tourism or TCI Chamber didn't answer one question on any attempts to email, facebook, phone or tweet- ugh!).

So I thought I'd share our shelling vacation here to return the favor if anybody else is interested. We looooved North and Middle Caicos and found lots of great seashells!

To see our vaca story and see photos of our seashells and the areas we found them... iloveshelling.com/blog/… .

Thanks again TripAdvisor for being our only resource.

sanibel island
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Finding Seashells in Turks and Caicos

Jim, you are most welcome! Sometimes my mail gets backed up from my blog so I will check on your email to see what happened with it- so sorry! I hope... well actually... I KNOW you found great shells since you were with TCI's best sheller Cardinal. I hope when you get to Sanibel the next time, we get to catch up on the beach. Thanks so much for the update!

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Finding Seashells in Turks and Caicos

i have to agree with jim, thank you, too! i wrote an extensive trip report here on our day with cardinal. DH and i both agree it was the best day for an excursion for any trip we have ever done!

sanibel island
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Finding Seashells in Turks and Caicos

Girl, I missed it! I looked for the trip report but couldnt find it. So glad to hear you had a great time with him too. I'd love to know what you found. Do you have a link to your post?

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Finding Seashells in Turks and Caicos

it's under the turks and caicos listing as Trip Report - Island Getaway Day 5 (in 3 parts)

35. Re: Finding Seashells in Turks and Caicos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 19, 2014