We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventures in Paradise

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Adventures in Paradise

We did catch the 3:00 ferry to North, this despite the fact that I managed to leave my sneakers on the plane and had to wait until everyone got off before a nice security lady went on board to find them for me. Picture her handing them to me, socks falling out of the tops. Well beyond the scoop of work, the look on her face told me. She also tells me that "Here we call them tennis shoes," at which point we both crack up.

We picked up a map and a couple of El Presidente's, at the Leeward dock and were off on this silver bullet of a ferry, (only it was yellow) so fast that it just seemed to skim the top of the water. Nothing like the Anguilla/ St. Maarten ferries which I now realize are slow pokes comparatively

No travel glitches and the causeway proved no cause for concern. We settled in at Blue Horizons, had dinner at Daniels, (just us four) and hit it off majorly with Devone, who is reason enough to have dinner at Daniels. Devone and the lobster made us pretty happy on our first night. Tip: The dogs like to sleep in the middle of the road in Conch Bar. Keep your eyes peeled.

This Sunday morning was a three star event on Wind Guru. That means pretty darn windy. The wind howling around our cottage the previous night had me dreaming of the Wizard of OZ and swirling houses. But the sun was bright and Wild Cow Run was on the agenda and we were up for the adventure. Christi gave us excellent directions without which we may never have arrived.

Remote and magnificent, if you are a beach lover, you don't want to miss this one. The water colors just knocked us out and we hit it at low tide, with all the sandbars popping up out of nowhere. Like swimming in magic, truly unforgettable.

Lunch back at Daniels and I bought a lidded straw handmade basket which I will somehow get home in my carry on. At Mudjin Harbour we watched the waves crashing over Dragon Cay and argued over whether the dragon head was to the left or the right., because you could make an argument either way, decided the head was to the right, and spent the rest of the day watching sand crabs through our binoculars creep in and out of their holes on the beach. I highly recommend the sand crab watching through the binoculars, but expect to jump and jerk out of your chairs when the waves come high.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventures in Paradise

Watching the sandcrabs and the stars; Middle Caicos finest entertainment.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,864 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventures in Paradise

Glad you made it on the early ferry daffy! Wild Cow Run is a cool spot, especially at low tide. Enjoy BHR and yes, the dragon head is to the right. : )

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventures in Paradise

Nice!

We never see pictures of Wild Cow, please tell me you'll have some to post when vacay is finished!

Hope the wind calms down for you.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventures in Paradise

PS Devon is a sweetheart! Daniel and his wife are pretty cool too

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventures in Paradise

Sounds like a perfect day! Where is this Wild Cow Run you speak of? ;-)

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adventures in Paradise

Sounds like a nice adventure so far.

Mudjin Harbour is amazing....

Mike

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adventures in Paradise

There is a picture of Wild Cow Run on the BHR reviews that some hack, ahem, posted.

Daffy, thank you so much for posting about your trip, it really brings back the memories. It sounds like you are having a great time and please keep posting. Very smart of you to get directions from Christi before heading out, it took us three tries. Directionally - challenged is a curse. It was so worth it. The hubs enjoyed trying to catch bonefish there. Did you hear a strange noise coming from the woods at Wild Cow? I assumed it was a native bird, but never could see it.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adventures in Paradise

Daffy, so glad to see your post........I was wondering how you were enjoying Middle Caicos.

Devon and Daniel truly made our visit there.......the stories they can tell!! Food is great, but the owners are even better!

We bought one of the baskets while there also. It now sits on a table in the foyer filled with seashells that I collected along Whitby Beach on North Caicos.

Keep enjoying......hope the wind calms for you soon!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adventures in Paradise

Daffy, i think you made the right call going to north/middle caicos first. That way you can enjoy the relative quiet of thoses islands before the you experience the "hustle/bustle" of Provo. Although you may have the beach to yourself in Provo as well. Keep em' coming!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adventures in Paradise

Sounds like a perfect start! North/Middle Caicos is on our list to stay at one of these visits! Pictures of Blue Horizon look great and I definitely need to see Wild Cow Run, Dragon Cay, and have a meal at Daniels.

Please take lots of pictures for us!