We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sands at Grace bay

ithaca,NY
2 posts
Save Topic
sands at Grace bay

We are thinking about going there for Thanksgiving.

From previous postings there was concern about renovation,contruction and the pool being very cold and dirty.

What is the state of the situation now?

We have a seven year who is very attached to a pool.Thank you

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sands at Grace bay

There is construction about to begin next to The Sands Westerly, there is nothing the other side. So just ask for a room on the Eastern side.

I have never stayed there, but I go there a lot and I have never known it to be in the least bit dirty. The pools always look lovely, I cannot answer the temperature question.

There is someone there now who is posting from there and there are a lot of people on this forum that have stayed there, So I hope that they will all add to this.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sands at Grace bay

You could also look at Ocean Club West and The Royal West Indies.

The RWI has no construction going around it at all and is a great pool for kids. The Development being built next to the Ocean Club West is pretty much complete.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sands at Grace bay

We love The Sands. On Wednesday we will be returning for our second trip to The Sands in the past 7 months. The pools were clean and lovely. Our suite was spotless. Hemingways, the on site restaurant, is delicious with very good service. The main selling point, beyond that mentioned above, is the location on Grace Bay. It is just a 20 minute walk to Coral Gardens and snorkeling from The Sands. From Ocean Club West and RWI the walk is closer to 45 minutes. All three resorts are beautiful. Any questions, please let me know. Mom

Boston
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sands at Grace bay

Does anyone know the deal of Oceanfront vs. Oceanview rooms at The Sands?

Oceanfront is more - Oceanview would be fine, I'm just worried about getting stuck in one of those way back buildings...

Thanks!!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sands at Grace bay

Hi Daisy.

Ocean Front are the units directly at the front of the resort closest to the Beach.

Ocean-view room are any unit that has a reasonable view of the ocean, but it can be set quite a way back from the ocean. We aren't talking very far though.

Perhaps you can put in a request for an Ocean view room, closest to the beach?

Boston
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sands at Grace bay

Thanks, Potcake - I'll try that.

Thanks for all of your insight on other topis as well - it's been a great help in trying to plan our 11/13 trip at the last minute (thanks to Wilma).

Towson MD
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: sands at Grace bay

Momstravel,

Can you help me decide which building would be best for my wife and then 13m twins at the sands? We leave in a few weeks.

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos