We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Travel with a 5 year old

Carol Stream, IL
Level Contributor
69 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Travel with a 5 year old

We are looking for a family trip with our daughter (5) in either late April or early May when the rates seem to go down a bit. We are all very well traveled in the Caribbean but, this will be our first trip to T&C. I am undecided on whether to stay at a resort/hotel, stay in a rental unit (ie: condo) that is actually part of a resort/hotel or stay at a completely stand alone rental.

I found some great prices on rentals that are part of the Royal West Indies Resort but, am unsure is this is a good property with a child.

We will probably consider getting a car for at least a couple of days so, we can see the rest of the island and maybe pick up groceries, etc.

Any ideas on excursions with her??

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Travel with a 5 year old

Most of the resorts here are condo hotels in that the condos are sold and then the owner rents them back into the hotel pool. They are all run as a high end hotel resort is, in the States.

This is a great idea for families as you can get supplies for your condo that you and your child will like. Also you get a kitchen so you can use a washing machine, fridge, microwave etc.

The Royal West Indies is a great choice for a five year old. It has a separate little children’s pool and the restaurant there is very good value for money. I love it.

The Sands is another good choice too.

I really recommend getting a car for a few days yes. The island is great to explore and as I said, you can pick up some staples for your condo. It’s always a good idea to have something in your condo rather than relying on the restaurant all the time. You can also get what you know your five year old will eat.

Excursions? I think that Sail Provo is a must. They have great boats, Catamaran Sail Boats, with lots of shade and two bathrooms. Easy on off access. They do a half day cruise, which takes you over to see the Iguanas and then out for snorkeling and back along the Island and Cays.

If you think that might be a little long, they do a beautiful sunset cruise. Magical.

www.sailprovo.com

Carol Stream, IL
Level Contributor
69 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Travel with a 5 year old

Thanks Potcake, the info really helps. How far is RWIR from the shops near the Comfort Suites? Is it walkable?

Is late April or May a good time to come? We usually travel in the shoulder season or low season. We have been to the Bahamas several times in June....I am guessing that your weather is pretty similar, right?

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Travel with a 5 year old

The temperature here is a bit warmer than the Bahamas all year round.

The RWI is very walkable to the Shops at the Ports of Call/Comfort suites.