We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magdalena drink prices

shropshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Magdalena drink prices

Hi There,

Can anyone just give a couple of example prices of drinks at Magdalena resort, there seems varying views.

say bottle of wine, beer, rum punch.

I even asked the hotel, but they were non-commital, which made me suspicious!

looking forward to going anyway, but fore warned is fore armed.

Cheers

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magdalena drink prices

You have booked the most expensive hotel on the island so expect hotel prices.. Drinks in any bar or restaurant in any hotel anywhere in the world will be more than in a local bar!

At a recent outdoor film showing there recently I think we paid 18TT for a Stag/Carib. However the setting was great, bar by the pool under the stars, sound of crashing waves on the beach; very romantic setting; so the price of the drinks was what we expected, nothing new there then!.

Local bars charge 10TT. Bars at the airport 15TT.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magdalena drink prices

If I was you I would try and drink at other bars/restaurants with cheaper prices. Check out Kariwak Village, for instance. Their drinks are very reasonably priced and completely delicious!

And like GinandTonic recommends, go to a local bar or pub. Not all are shady. You will find tourists just like yourself. Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magdalena drink prices

heading to the magdelena in oct only half board would it be fair to compare the hotel bar prices to london,wetherspoons hopefully

shropshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magdalena drink prices

Ok, now been and come back!

The drink prices themselves were ok, but to everything gets added 10% gratuity and 15% tax, meaning a bottle of beer about £3, cocktail £6+. Wine was good but pricey.

Strange though, if you go into the 'Robinson Crusoe' pub you will find extras included, but starting price same, ie wine here £4.50, restaurant £5.70 weird.

5. Re: Magdalena drink prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, February 10, 2015