We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bacolet beach club

Scotland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bacolet beach club

Hiya,

we got back the end of last week from a 2 week stay at the bacolet beach club. We had a fantstic holiday. When we first got there we made our own way to the hotel, but there was somebody there to meet us we just didnt find them and the hotel were very apologetic about the mix up. The first few days we had to have breakfast at the Half Moon hotel (the sister hotel of the bacolet beach club) as the restraunt was not finished yet, this was not a problem as it was only across the road. By the end of the first week the restraunt was open and we ate there for the remainder of our holiday.

The hotel was very relaxed, nobody bothering you and the staff were helpful to any of our queries.

The only thing badish I would say is about the trip was the prices of the evening meals at the half moon hotel, its was very very expensive so we ended up walking into the wee town most nights (15 min walk each way - streetlights all the way)and got a pizza from cioa's cafe instead, I can also reccomend the blue crab in the village for meals.

Having a private beach was great, the whole 2 weeks the maximum number of people that were on the beach was 5!!

We had a brilliant time and Im sure anyone else heading there will also have a good time, its a very quiet island with not much to do but relax!!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bacolet beach club

Thank you so much for posting this. I was getting worried with some of the negative posts.

We are staying there first week of January and look forward to a week of relaxation.

Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bacolet beach club

Hi lookitsme

Is beach access via steps directly from the hotel or do you have to take a small detour? Is the beach bar open yet? You mentioned the price of evening meals at the Half Moon. Is the Beach Club not doing evening meals?

Scotland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bacolet beach club

Hiya,

The beach club wasnt doing evening meals when we were there but the half moon is only like 5 steps away and the meals were very good but quite expensive. The private beach has direct access from the hotel via steps (lots of them!) beside the swimmming pool and the beach bar was open.

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did, I dont understand the negative reports that have been posted.

Thanks,

Kerri

4. Re: bacolet beach club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:25 pm, August 10, 2009