We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Point Beach Club - Tobago

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
194 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy Point Beach Club - Tobago

I have booked a week here in May with my timeshare. The reviews seem positive. Anyone have any info on this place. Any advice on restaurants near Crown Point or on Tobago. Do I need to prepare myself for mosquitos? Also, anyone know of a deterrent for lizards. I grew up in the Caribbean, but they still bother me.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sandy Point Beach Club - Tobago

Thank you all for the great info. Can't wait to go!

Level Contributor
465 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sandy Point Beach Club - Tobago

No need to get TT's until you get there. There is an ATM machine right outside the Tobago airport and a bank and an ATM machine on the main street behind the beach area. We did try to use TTs while we were there...you know,when in Tobago-do as in Tobago...

We needed to first fly to Trinidad and we exchanged a little money at the airport, too.

Oh...a little bit of a heads up here....when we flew home(US) from Trinidad we needed to pay a fee (can't remember how much) when leaving the country. We always save enough TTs to pay this. You may want to ask about this at the airport when you arrive in Trinidad or Tobago.

Have a great time, enjoy out little favorite spot in the beach bar watching the sunset. Say "hi" to wonderful Elvira and let her know the couple from Wisconsin can't wait to get back to Tobago this summer to spend their anniversary with them again!!!

Bon Voyage...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sandy Point Beach Club - Tobago

Thanks for the info re $TT. I was going to head downtown to pick some up but, of course, the exchange rate is much more than the quoted rate. I hate getting ripped off, even if it's only a couple of bucks. Only 8 more sleeps!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sandy Point Beach Club - Tobago

I was there twice a couple years ago and agree with everyone on what a nice place Sandy Point is. Elvira is still there - wow - she's a sweetheart and a riot. Funny, I found a $100 TT in the back pocket of a pair of shorts just the other day. I think my thought at the time was to make sure I saved enough for the departure fee at Trinidad. Anyway, its a beautiful place. We did the Rainforest trek and really enjoyed it. Other friends did the snorkel trip and said that was very good also. They also did the shopping excursion but did not recommend it. Sandy Point is a nice laid back, small complex where everyone knows everyone. You'll enjoy.

15. Re: Sandy Point Beach Club - Tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, October 06, 2009