We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oil slick

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
oil slick

Heard there is an oil slick off T&T? Can anyone give any more information?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oil slick

Check Papa Bois Conservation page on Facebook. They are Environmental advocacy and education for Trinidad & Tobago and the Caribbean.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oil slick

Tobago hasn't been affected...yet, if at all.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oil slick

Thank you.......we booked over a year ago to celebrate my sisters birthday in March. Sorry for the wildlife and those who are affected.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oil slick

It affected some of the beaches in South-West Trinidad.

They are trying to clean it up but people say it's just not happening fast enough and then all the drama abt old lines, sabotage etc etc.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oil slick

I live in Trinidad and it does not affect me at all, but I heard that the people to the south of the islands had some problems. It is far away from the area where visitors come so they have nothing to fear from it and yes it is far from Tobago. Condolences to the families affected to the south though.

6. Re: oil slick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations