We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

Hi, we're shortly visiting Tobago for 2 weeks and staying at the Turtle Beach.

I was just wondering if it's worth bringing the snorkelling gear - is the snorkelling good on the beach at the hotel?

Also it says there's a dress code for the fellas for dinner - is that adhered to?

Is there anywhere to go horse riding at or near the hotel ?

And finally should we change money to TT$ before leaving or at the hotel ?

Thanks !

Undersea Tobago Ltd
Water Sports, Other Outdoor Activities, Scuba & Snorkeling
Zoe Snorkeling Charters
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Frontier Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling, Kayaking & Canoeing
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,061 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

In any country a hotel will not give you a good rate of exchange (they're out to make easy profit) ... best place is either before you leave or at a bank in downtown Scarborough.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
546 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

There is a dive centre on site run by a good guy called Richie. He is responsible for all the water sports as well as being a Paddi dive master.

Riding is only a short drive away.

One is the very therapeutic 'swimming with horses' near Bucco.

I would contact the hotel with regards to dress code. Personally I would rather eat with people around me wearing clothes! Beach wear in a restaurant, hmm?

What would you wear in a restaurant at home?

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
546 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

There is a dive centre on site run by a good guy called Richie. He is responsible for all the water sports as well as being a Paddi dive master.

Riding is only a short drive away.

One is the very therapeutic 'swimming with horses' near Bucco.

I would contact the hotel with regards to dress code. Personally I would rather eat with people around me wearing clothes! Beach wear in a restaurant, hmm?

What would you wear in a restaurant at home?

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
546 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

You REALLY do not want or need to go to Scarborough! There is a 'change' at the airport plus 2 banks close by.

Be prepared to wait quite a while!

OR. Put money on your credit card then draw what you need from an ATM.

Always advise your card company where you are going as your withdrawal may 'flag up ' to the bank security systems.

Do not waste your holiday standing in a bank! There are much better things to do ......

Snorkeling better up the coast .

North end of the beaches at Castara, Englishman's , Charlotteville all good.

Visibility will depend on the time of year. Visibility always better around midday and ALWAYS cover up. It is easy to get a really badly burnt back floating around .

Use high factor cream as you are quite close to the Equator and the sun will be almost overhead.

White sand only at Pigeon Point because of the coral reef.

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

G&T of course I won't pitch up for dinner in my bikini ! However, I was told that fellas had to wear long trousers and a collared shirt and wanted to see how strictly it was adhered to.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

When I was there few men in group were not allowed in because they were wearing cargo shorts.

7. Re: Staying at Turtle Beach - few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 15, 2014