We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation coming up soon, more questions

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation coming up soon, more questions

Soon, real soon!

I know I saw this question somewhere, but cannot remember the answer: is it customary to tip taxi drivers..is a tip expected? If so, what is the range?

If one wants to exchange foreign cash at a bank instead of withdrawing from ATM, are there a few banks around Crown Point? Staying in Bon Accord.

I like to do my power walks in the morning and will be traveling alone this trip. As long as I stay on the main roads, is it safe?

Sunday School: I have seen some people have a guide. Is this necessary? Why or why not?

Thanks!

Tobago
Level Contributor
57 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

A tip isn't expected or required unless the taxi driver went above and beyond. If you do decide to tip, then depending on the cost of the fare, you can tip anywhere from five to twenty-five percent.

There are two banks around Crown Point, Republic Bank and Royal Bank. There is also an First Citizens Bank in Canaan, which is the village adjacent to Bon Accord (they are so close, most people don't know where one starts and the other ends). All the banks are along Milford Road (the main road from the airport) and are very accessible.

You should definitely be safe when walking, once you stay on the main roads, but I would advise that you walk on the side with the sidewalk. Some parts of Milford Road only has sidewalks on one side. You would most likely be safe even on most of the side roads - though some of them may not be as well lit as the main road, but most homes usually leave a porch light on in those cases. Chances are though when you are walking on mornings, you would meet other walkers. You can choose to greet them or not, but it may be possible to walk with them.

I hope that you do enjoy your stay here!

trinidad
Level Contributor
250 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

Most people go to Sunday School with someone they can trust with a vehicle so you have transport to take you back to your hotel/guesthouse. This companion deters others from bothering you if you just want to enjoy yourselfand not be harassed.

have a good time but within limits or until you get familiar with the place and surroundings. Avoid lonely areas and dont go exploring without a trusted companion.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

Ok, thanks...sounds like good advice! :)

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
492 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

If you are changing cash in the bank be prepared to wait.............and wait! The lies move really slowly as bank staff always check and re-check everything they do before handing over the money. Have a photo id or your passport with you. If you are doing this after your power walk ( ? ) you will catch a chill as the a/c in the banks is generally sub-zero!

As for saying a polite 'good morning' as you pass people, it is considered bad manners not to!

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

I just returned last night from a 10 night vacation in T&T. All I can say right now, is wow, wow, oh wow! I had a fabulous time and want to thank everybody who replied to my questions. I had one of the best vacations in my life and I travel a lot. I will post a report once I get back to reality, but at this point, it will definitely be a do-over - meaning, I will return!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

great to hear! So it wasn't all doom and gloom? Looking forward to your report :)

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

I await the report :)

Tobago
Level Contributor
57 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

I'm glad that you enjoyed your time here...you are most certainly welcome to come again!

9. Re: Vacation coming up soon, more questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations