We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back - any questions?

London, England
Level Contributor
414 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Just back - any questions?

Hi, just back from a week in Tobago. Flew with Monarch, stayed at the Toucan Inn, Crown Point, dived with R&Sea divers (separate reviews awaiting posting for those). Did a full island tour, watched leatherback turtles nesting and went to Sunday School with Mr B who was excellent. Did not get mugged / hassled or feel threatened or unsafe.Any questions, please feel free to ask!

41. Re: Just back - any questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 am, June 25, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
777 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Just back - any questions?

I saw Johnson in Store Bay area, but he wasn't lifeguarding....maybe that's why. We stay with family as I married a local may years ago, so our kids love to visit family and friends.

ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Just back - any questions?

Hi,

We area flying to Tobago with Monarch tomorrow (economy). What was the flight like? Was the food & entertainment of a reasonable standard? Thanks

London, England
Level Contributor
414 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Just back - any questions?

Hi, sorry, replied to this from my phone but doesn't appear to have posted :(. As you'll have found out, flight was fine. For anyone else: Standard budget airline really, leg room isn't great so if you are very tall may be worth booking extra leg room. Food is pretty standard plane fare. Only 2 films were on on shared drop down screens, I would recommend taking your own entertainment as back up.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Just back - any questions?

@ FayeW, Very nice review. Thank you for posting. We need to counteract all the negative publicity about crime. Trinidad and Tobago has a lot to offer as you have discovered. @Adejuk you might already be here, but I hope you still see this message. if you are staying in the Crown Point area, you will be fine. There is crime everywhere. Just be careful, do NOT spend time on secluded beaches and avoid late evenings unless accompanied by locals. With that said, It would be a pity if you do not venture out a bit and try our local cuisine.

I will be traveling alone in your country soon and I think I have more to worry about than you do.

Hope you have a memorable stay

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Just back - any questions?

Just reading about the strong current in this thread. Do all of the beaches on Tobago have strong currents or is one side of the island better than the other.

We are considering a visit next year and are looking for all inclusive, small(ish) hotel where we can enjoy snorkelling from the beach.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
777 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Just back - any questions?

Coco Reef, Turtle Beach (Rex) and Magdalena are the only all inclusives that Iknow that are right on the beach. I would suggest Coco Reef for swimming conditions and to put yourself in the right area for a first timer. Turtle Beach can be rough and not great snorkeling. Mag is on the Atlantic side so is always rough. Coco Reef has it's own little beach and easy access to other beaches and tours etc. Not a fan of all inclusives in Tobago as there are SO many great little places to eat (especially in Coco Reef area).....why limit yourself.

Cheers

southampton
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Just back - any questions?

new to this forum as just starting to look at tobago. been to cuba and jamaica and thought we would try somewhere different. please forgive my ignorance but what does TT$ stand for? i know its the local currency,and can you give an approx exchange rate at the moment for english pounds?

thanks

southampton
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Just back - any questions?

hi samantha trinidad,

read your reply, and i hope you dont have more to worry about! i hope you have a really enjoyable stay in our country,though you had better bring some warm clothes!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,523 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Just back - any questions?

lardyhead, TT = Trinidad and Tobago - it a nation comprising two islands.

Get answers to your questions about Tobago