We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday to Tobago

Cardiff
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday to Tobago

Hi there, I'm going to Tobago with my husband for 11 nights in June. Just wondered which part of Tobago is best to stay in. From what i've read so far most of the touristy bits seem to be Crown Point and Scarborough. Should we stay there? Or should we stay outside of the main town?

We're mostly going for the swimming/snorkelling, rainforest hiking and relaxation. Not at all fussy about accommodation but would really like somewhere with an ensuite if possible, and things to do that we can walk to.

Any recommendations / suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
777 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday to Tobago

Not Scarborough. Definitely Crown Point area for first timers. Renting a car is ideal to get about and see the island, or hire a taxi to take you...they usually act as a guide anyways. I don't find driving there an issue, but depends on your own abilities I suppose. www.mytobago.info is an excellent site to review and find out ALL about anything on Tobago! Enjoy.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday to Tobago

thanks Galaxycow!

UK
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday to Tobago

Definitely the Crown Point area. It is next to the airport so very short transfer to your accommodation either on foot or by taxi. The area has two beautiful sandy beaches - Store Bay and Pigeon Point and a good selection of restaurants and bars. That said, it is quiet and relaxed.

Our favourite hotel in the area is the Kariwak Village - simple rooms with ensuite in a relaxed, peaceful tropical oasis. The hotel has a restaurant that serves excellent local cuisine.

Enjoy!

Black Rock Tobago
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday to Tobago

crown point is too touristic in my eyes,could advise you Grafton Turtle beach side Black Rock,from there are some easy hikking,several beaches in walking distance,check out ww.jemas-guesthouse.de

Rosetown, Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday to Tobago

Ah, goes to show...different strokes for different folks :) Like the last poster, we found Crown Point too touristy for our liking... Black Rock or Castries where we stayed were our favorite places.... Arnos Vale beach, but you won't be staying there :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
777 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday to Tobago

that's why I suggested for 'first timers" Crown Pt over Scarborough. I prefer off the beaten path myself....but you are tourists! lol Check into Castara as it is becoming more popular and some lovely places to stay. Lindsay Apartments in Black Rock is very nice as well and extremely reasonable.

Good luck in your search!

Edited: 9:30 am, February 04, 2013
Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday to Tobago

It sounds like you need a stay in Castara ! It will tick all the right boxes I can assure you................

Tobago
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday to Tobago

Do not stay in Lindsey apartments in black rock we had all our money stolen from there!!

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
439 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday to Tobago

Castara is a very nice place. Charlotteville up in the North is a beautiful, quiet and relaxed place (also nice beaches), also Speyside is a nice place (nice Batteaux Bay), little Tobago Island (bird watching) is just opposite.

10. Re: Holiday to Tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations