We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer, All Inc or B&B

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
851 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
First timer, All Inc or B&B

Hi everyone.

We are considering a Tobago holiday for next year. I am into scuba, my better half is into wildlife photography (and spa treatments). We both like exploring the local area.

So - looking at Coco Reef because of good reviews (and seen some good deals). Had a read of this forum and myTobago, but thought I'd ask the advice of those experienced Tobago travellers that haunt these forums. Is all-inc or B&B the way to go?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer, All Inc or B&B

I personally would prefer to stay at a hotel/guest house/villa and dine out each day/evening. Numerous eateries and restaurants in the Coco Reef area. Good location for first timers as well. All inclusive you are pretty much locked in to one cook! For list of restaurants check out www.mytobago.info for selection and some reviews. Enjoy!

Tobago
Level Contributor
57 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer, All Inc or B&B

My recommendation would be B&B and have lunch and dinner elsewhere. This way you'll be able to experience a bit more.

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
851 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer, All Inc or B&B

Many thanks. We have travelled a fair bit but our only previous trip to the carribbean was on a cruise 5 or 6 years ago. I've wanted to have a closer look at some of the islands since then.

We sometimes go all-inc when I am going to be diving a lot, so my wife hasn't got to go out & about by herself - particularly in unfamiliar places but from what I've read on here it's relatively safe & friendly.

Any other tips would be welcome

4. Re: First timer, All Inc or B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, November 04, 2012
5. Re: First timer, All Inc or B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations