We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving in tobago

Sussex, UK
Level Contributor
270 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
diving in tobago

I need advice about diving in Speyside in mid July. Although an experienced diver I prefer gentle relaxing dives. Is it too windy for good visibility and are many divesites out of bounds due to bad weather. I've heard the dive centre at Manta Lodge is good.

Mississauga
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: diving in tobago

If you want a private, low fee, relaxed instructor who will take you out... Go to Speyside... ask for Kevin the diver. You will be pointed in the right direction. Tell him Robyn from Ontario sent you. He'll take good care of you!

woking
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diving in tobago

I just got back from diving in Speyside at Manta Lodge. There is a lot of current on the dive sites. Most of the time it was going against rather than with us so be prepared for hard work. The visibility was very good though - no problems there. I'd recommend taking your own kit if you have it - there were a lot of problems with people who hired kit over there.

Tobago
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diving in tobago

The diving on this side of Tobago is influenced by it's location - it's where the Atlantic ocean meets the Caribbean sea. Gentle, relaxing isn't typical in these waters which provide more drift dives. You're more likely to find gentle and relaxing dives in the south-west coast.

Get answers to your questions about Tobago