We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Tobago in late Nov

UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Tobago in late Nov

Hi I am goign to Tobago on the 19th November, the weather forecast doesnt look great for the next 14 days, has anyone been this time of year. I am hoping for minimal showers and lots of sunshine and not the other way round :-) thank you

Lake Zurich, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

Heading to Castara on Saturday. Read there has been a lot of rain activity this week. Anyone know the forecast for next week?

Mentioned in this post
Castara
Castara
Tobago
UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

Don't know the forecast but I can predict your weather with 100% accuracy, a mixture of:

Hot sun

Warm occasional rain, not unpleasant like european rain and nice to swim in

1 Hurricane every 40 years

Coldest night time temps circa 20-25c, so warm 24/7

Hope this helps! Enjoy

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
808 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

Here's a 'clip' from mytobago.info....that pretty much sums it up:

Located just 11° north of the equator, Tobago enjoys a tropical climate and is sunny all year round. The average daytime temperature is 29°C (83°F) and maximums in the low to mid 30s. The water temperature is a few degrees lower. Trade Winds blow consistently, cooling the island so effectively that air-conditioning is the exception rather than the rule.

Tobago has two seasons (three with Carnival): the Dry Season between December and May, and the Wet Season (known as the Hurricane Season) between June and November.

The early months of the year are dry and sunny. Although rain falls at its heaviest during the Rainy Season, it is quite possible to get it at any other time. The vast majority of this rain falls at night, and particularly around dawn. This keeps the island lush and green. The rain generally falls in short sharp bursts. 30 minutes later it hard to believe that it rained. The rain is warm and a great respite from the heat. Swimming in the rain is great fun."

Personally, I prefer the rainy season....the rain is welcomed with the heat and the island is much more green and lush.

Cheers!

I think that pretty much says it all!

Edited: 1:03 am, November 25, 2011
UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

Well said, it is good to promote your website in these hard times. But more work is needed on your alias - don't think Canadians sign emails "cheers", it is a very British thing mate

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
566 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

www.mytobago.info is a site run and managed by Steve Wooler a dedicated Tobago enthusiast and regular visitor and certainly not a female Canadian!

He hails from East Anglia.

The site also has a lot of unbiased information about Tobago based on feedback from visitors and residents as well as reports about it's weather.

A Paul Tallet reports on the local weather almost daily on that site.

He is not Canadian either Beau.

You were spot on with your description of the weather though.

Cheers

( yes I am British! )

Mentioned in this post
East Anglia
East Anglia
England, UK
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
808 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

LOL. I'm a bartender from Canada and we say 'Cheers" when we serve! Dying laughing here! Does it ever end? lol

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
808 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

Cheers! (still laughing!)

UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

I agree, I don't care what some people say about Steve, I think he is a good guy and he has really used his website to promote Tobago for the benefit of the people, and his business clients, and as a revenue earner.

Since Galaxycow joined this forum and grandly pronounced that he was a Tobago "destination expert" (and repeated his claim several times since, modestly), and given that he manages to plug Mytobago website in nearly every thread, complete with a link, it was natural to assume that he is Mr W's alter-ego!!!

The mystery of the Destination Expert shall live on!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
808 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

You certainly are one confused individual. I never said Steve was. Actually, I was- under the name Littleredsister, but for some strange reason, I cannot log in under that name since they tied in with Facebook. TA has informed me that they can do nothing about it. Not a big issue. I often refer to Mr. Wooler's website as I personally find it helpful and think others might benefit from it as well. I am allowed to do that right? Do I have your permission? lol

Please, for my sake, have a great day!

(still chuckling btw)

Cheers!

UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Weather in Tobago in late Nov

I agree, I have plugged it too - maybe I am Steve and trying to avoid exposure by pointing the finger at others???? The plot thickens.

And yes, anyone who has spent several years living in Tobago departs in a condition best described as "confused" :)

I had a similar login problem as you with FB and found that you must logout of facebook (if necessary delete cookies) before logging into TA. Hope this helps, so then you can login with a second identity to take a pop at anyone who happens to express views you disagree with

Get answers to your questions about Tobago