We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Tobago
Search

Trip Report

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
221 reviews
150 helpful votes
Trip Report
Save

12/23 - 12/30 in Tobago was excellent. Many things to consider if you are traveling and I would be happy to answer what I can. We are from New York and stayed at the Hilton.

Newfoundland
6 posts
1. Re: Trip Report
Save

Hi,

Heading to Tobago on Saturday - question about power supply - will we need an adapter as in the UK? Or is standard American? (we're from Newfoundland Canada)

Also - did you have much trouble with mosquitoes? I've heard differing reports, and some of Yellow Fever.

Thanks for the help

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
221 reviews
150 helpful votes
2. Re: Trip Report
Save

Absolutely no mosquitos. Same voltage as in the US, standard 2 prong outlets, no adapters needed.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
221 reviews
150 helpful votes
3. Re: Trip Report
Save

One more suggestion. Unless you are charging everything at your hotel all of the shops and restaurants use the TT for currency. At the airport the exchange rate for US was 6:1 (we changed $100 US into $600 TT). The exchange rate at the hotels was pretty poor, $100 US = $550 TT. I would change a moderate amount at the airport.

Newfoundland
6 posts
4. Re: Trip Report
Save

Thanks so much! Especially for your prompt reply. We're starting to get excited now, only a few days to departure!

Trinidad and Tobago
Level Contributor
41 posts
5. Re: Trip Report
Save

Hi tangentgirl,

When you are in Tobago and if you have a chance. You should take a drive down to Speyside/Charlotteville. It is just beautiful out there. If you do go to Speyside pass in at a Hotel called "Blue Waters Inn" and spend a day, go for a drink or some food.........you won't regret it,it is just absolutely stunning there.

Enjoy your trip!!

Newfoundland
6 posts
6. Re: Trip Report
Save

So many wonderful things to do, and beautiful places to see it seems! Thanks for the tip - I have a feeling this won't be our last Tobago visit!

Trinidad and Tobago
Level Contributor
41 posts
7. Re: Trip Report
Save

Tobago is a stunning place.......its definetely a paradise for me. There are really tons of things to do and see in Tobago. They also have Kayaking, Diving, etc.........at Blue Waters. I you do go there ask for the General Manager Duane Kenny.....he will welcome you there and make sure that your visit will more than enjoyable.

Enjoy it!!

Nicola