We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Life

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Night Life

My friend and I (both 25) will be vacationing in Tobago for a week next month. Any recommendations for the evenings? Is it safe for us to venture out at night?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Life

Hi GT,

Fortuneately Tobago still remains crime free (unlike Trinidad).

I would think you should be fairly safe in Tobago. Just exercise the usualy common sense (avoid deserted areas, be aware of your surroundings, don't flash cash/lots of jewellery etc)

Not up on my Tobago nightlife. Will ask around to see what's "happening" these days. What area of Tobago will you be staying?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Life

We are staying on the West Coast (Stonehaven Bay). Thanks for asking around.

London UK
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Life

Hi - a great place is Shades - not far from Crown Point - a great mix of locals/Trinidadians over for the weekend & tourists - great outdoor area/music vibe and live bands - safe, fun and a fantastic addition to what to do in Tobago.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Life

The Michael Baker Show is also very good.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Life

Ok, I was in Tobago last year same time. Listen up and mark your calander..... :)You need to go to Golden Star on Wendesday night and Sunday School in Bucco Point on Sundays, you will be able to party till 5/6 in the morning and then hit the beach. Check out Divers den too, a lot of fun. I assume you are two girls, where you comong from, nationality as well - sorry just curious. If you need any information let me know and I can help you out. I am close in age to you and already have a ticket to go agon soon....jsut counting the days now. Make sure you go tpo Pigion Pont as well and the glass bottiom boats :)

Bridge City, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Night Life

I recommend Sunday School in Bucco, a lot of Trinis, Americans & Europeans go there for a good time. They have a local band playing music ranging from all 3 places. It's pretty safe place to go, plus a couple of bars within a block of Sunday School. Good Luck

Trinidad
Level Contributor
240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night Life

Hi GT,

OK did some digging. Some of the other posters are right on the money.

The hotspots in Tobago these days are:

The Shade, 15 Mt. Pleasant Blvd. Bon Accord

Sunday School

And there is a good "lime" at Diver's Den.

So no new info. Just seconding what's been already said.

Have a great time.

Rochester, New York
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Night Life

Hi, JUST got back from Tobago last night. My boyfriend and I were there for five days. We rented a car for two days and ventured out to Pigeon point, Argyle Falls, Coco Reef for dinner, and a FABULOUS night club called "The Shade".

We felt safe out at night, but kept a low-profile. Try not to act like a tourist, and don't display your money.

We walked around the open markest in Scarborough and felt very comfortable.

When you go, make sure to check out "The Shade"!!!

Great music, drinks, and a great mix of people. Unfortunately, for the guys, there's a larger ratio of men to women.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night Life

Everyone - thanks so much for all of the valuable feedback!! Less that three weeks and counting!!

Buuble - We are both women from the States.

Guyana
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Night Life

Great references guys! The Shade on weekends (which night is best? Fri or Sat?), Sunday School, on Sunday evenings of course along with Driver's Den (Which night? here again).

Can you tell me also: approximately around what times do these parties really get going? We South American's like to hit the action already jammin. Do forgive us. Hate to wait around.

Also, if you can give me an idea of the cover charges/entrance fees for these hang-out sessions, I'd be more than greatful.

Highest regards,

Sharon

Get answers to your questions about Tobago