We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Tobago

Baton Rouge
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going to Tobago

I would like to go on my honeymoon to Tobago. We would like a nice place to stay. Any suggestions?

USA
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Going to Tobago

Bogiesguv, do you have contact information for Golfview? I am trying remember where it is? I go often to Tobago and just trying to figure it out.

Thanks

dutch banker

Russia
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Going to Tobago

I am planning to visit Tobago iin the first decade of July. The weather of what kind I should expect? Are those heavy rains so terrible?

UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Going to Tobago

I would not recommend Coco Reef. The service, poor staff attitude (rude), bland food will spoil your vacation.

It is overpriced and in our opinion, 3* at best.

John

Tobago
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Going to Tobago

Firstly I must say that I respect everyones opinion but again I find it hard to agree with "tsar" and what he posted.

I found my stay at Coco Reef Resort relaxing and enjoyable.

To say the staff is rude and the food bland seems so far fetched...or probably I have very low standards but the service I recieved was spot on and the food was very good. I would rate it 41/2* rather than the 3* that the "tsar" gave.

USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Going to Tobago

I wouldn't go to trinidad and tobago this year. Crime is escalating and lots of kidnappings!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Going to Tobago

Don't think mariposa is talking about Tobago maybe Trinidad, but find it unlikely. Was there three months ago and saw and heard of no crime on Tobago. One of the things they are proud of. Hate for rumours to distract from the place.

tobago
13 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Going to Tobago

dutchbanker... are you talking about Golf View Apartments in Mt Irvine or Buccoo? It is no longer... they sold their place and it is now called Tobago Island Suites....big bright orange building, cant miss it... but the phone number is the same... I called their recently to get accomodations for a friend of mine...

Copenhagen
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Going to Tobago

Go to Domenica instead and stay at MABAS guesthouse super service home feeling environment. Our honeymoon with dolphins, rafting, hiking, emerald pool and parrotwatching was extraordinary. Not much of white sandy beaches but its hard to find on Tobago to.- Only Piegeont point, and you have to pay a fee to enter. Its lovely but also crowded. / pontus , Sweden

Tobago
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Going to Tobago

bogiesguy, there are numerous places that are suitable for your honeymoon,Cocoreef being the top choice if you want remote seclusion with less amenities then the bluewaters Inn is a definite option.The Villas at Stone Haven is also very good. Hilton has very good rooms and amenities but the beach is located on the atlantic side of the ocean so it is very windy and choppy at times.

Let me know what you think after checking the affiliated web sites.

Get answers to your questions about Tobago