We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing Castara accomodations

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Need help choosing Castara accomodations

Ok, so I've done some research and narrowed my choices down to four:

1) Naturalist

2) Castara Retreats

3) Castara Beach House

4) Alibaba's Sea Breeze

They all sound wonderful--near/on the beach, great views, clean and comfortable, reasonably priced. So, how to choose? Which one is the nicest? (realizing, of course, that "nicest" is highly subjective) If it helps, we're a couple looking for relaxation, romance and some privacy.

All suggestions (and supporting rationale) welcomed!

Thanks!

tobago
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing Castara accomodations

I am sure that this is your first time to Tobago. I had nothing to do tonight... and since I love chatting... I found their websites... so you can check them out if you like... but please do not choose Alibaba's ... there are places I know of for the same money with better accomodatons! And with pool to!

From your selection it seems that you are looking for a place under $100 US that is on the beach...

Why Castara anyway? All of Tobago is on a beach.

Just enter the names in a search engine and you will come up with their links and reviews...

even tripadvisor has some reviews about them that you can check... the best out of them all to me seems to be Castara Retreats... you do not want to be on the beach during the rainy season... unless you are in a sturdy structure... and lots of garbage tends to come up on the beach after heavy rains and high tides...

From my experience accomodation with sea view is better than accomodations on the beach...

edinburgh
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing Castara accomodations

We've booked the beach house in Castara which looks wonderful and pretty cheap. Can let you know once we've been but that's not until October so I suspect that's too late?

It has some good reviews though - don't know if you've seen them and what we founf very reassuring was the response from the owners to the only negative review showing that they genuinely care about the expereince their guest have. See:

…wheretostay.com/property/1128-reviews.html

Have a good holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations