We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to POS and Tobago

Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to POS and Tobago

I work in the Caribbean and am going to T+T for the weekend.. a few questions ..

Saturday - I am in POS and am staying at the Hilton - any recommendations of what to do nearby and where I can go that is safe

I plan to go to Tobago on Sunday on the Ferry for the day - have you any recommendations of what I should do - according to the ferry timetable I should arrive at 11am and leave at 5pm - will this work ?

Thanks for your assistance

G.

trinidad
Level Contributor
250 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to POS and Tobago

you can take a walk around the savannah opposite the hilton in the morning it is safe since there are lots of persons walking, you can also visit the zoo which is in the same area. You can take a local taxi to downtown Port of Spain. That is you ask at the desk how to get to the main road for a taxi and you just walk down the stairs to the main road. These are cheaper than the hotel taxis, once downtown you have the real Port of Spain and you stay in the busy area and look around or shop. WHere the driver let you off check your bearings and there you will take a return taxi to the Hilton.

If there are no flights to Tobago you may take the ferry the flights to Tobago cost TT300 return. It is faster than the ferry so you have more time to spend in Tobago. The only thing about the ferry is that it would be closer to the Hilton upon your return to Trinidad. When you arrive in Tobago there are taxis waiting in line for passengers you can ask them to take you to Store Bay when there are bathing facilities and a great beach. Same thing to get back to town you hail a local taxi tell them you are going back to the ferry at Scarborough and you repeat your schedule for your return to Trinidad.

Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to POS and Tobago

Thanks so much for response - at the moment I have a flight to go to Tobago but on inquiry have found out that the return ferry at 5.00pm is fully booked and there are no flights available at a suitable time..

Do you think that seats on the ferry at 5pm will become available ?

Many Thanks

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to POS and Tobago

You can take a risk and go to the Terminal abt 2hrs before sailing and wait to hear if they have stand-by place on the 5pm Ferry.

Or if that doesn't work out you head to Airport and wait on stand-by for a seat on a flight.

4. Re: Visit to POS and Tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Port of Spain
Recent Conversations