We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

living in Trinidad

Which Port of Spain hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Holland
2 posts
Save Topic
living in Trinidad

Hello,

I am planning to live in Port of Spain with my family, 2 boys of 3 and 1 year old. How are the international schools, playgrounds and other childfriendly activities?

Is it possible of me to go to the beach with them alone?

Thank you for answering.

dutchgirl

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: living in Trinidad

I think that Trinidad has more negatives than positive for tourists,it was not meant for people that live there.I see Trinidad as a different island now compare to when i was growing up there,your situation and the young generation dont see it like us old folks.The standard of education is much higher up to a certain level (A levels) compare to the US,but you realise going to college here has it's advantages.It's sad to see all those students graduating from UWI and cant find jobs unless their parents know someone in high places.Why would someone need to have 5-8 O level subjects and sometimes A levels for a simple bankteller or receptionist job?and the light skin, straight hair idiot with a fifth standard education can get that same position,all because her dad knows the bank manager or she gave a piece of A**.

Trinidad and Tobago
11 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: living in Trinidad

Dag Dutchgirl, ik heb 8 maanden in Trinidad gewoond, graag wil ik het een en ander aan je kwijt over mijn avontuur.

Stuur me een mailtje met je email adres aub.

Groetjes, Mevr. J. Visser

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: living in Trinidad

jennyone...now rewrite that in english unless you dont want other Trini's to know what you wrote.

Trinidad and Tobago
11 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: living in Trinidad

Hi Dutchgirl, in case you don't speak Dutch and for others who don't read dutch....... I have lived with my son of 9years old for 8 months in Trinidad and I would like to share my experience with you. I manage to tutor my son in Dutch during this time at home with the Wereldschool program. This has enable him to continue his Dutch education upon return. Furthermore I have made some helpfull (dutch) friends in Trinidad, that will be able to help you along with good advise etc. Let me know by mai

J. Visser