We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Georgetown, Paramaribo and Cayenne

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Georgetown, Paramaribo and Cayenne

What are the least expensive methods of getting to Georgetown, Paramaribo and Cayenne from Port of Spain? I will be in no rush and getting to these cities cheaply is more important that getting to them quickly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Georgetown, Paramaribo and Cayenne

As far as I know, there are no regular, or irregular, ferries from Port of Spain to Georgetown, and I would imagine that the same goes for Paramaribo and Cayenne.

There are flights from Port of Spain to Georgetown, and from Port of Spain to Paramaribo, but none from Port of Spain to Cayenne. There are flights from Martinique to Cayenne.

If you would rather not fly, for reasons of cost, then all I can suggest is that you ask around when you get to Trinidad. I'm sorry that I can't be of any more help.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Georgetown, Paramaribo and Cayenne

You can get to Cayenne from Paramaribo, Air France has a flight only on Tuesdays and Thursdays (both directions). So your best option would be to time your trips so you can combine those two cities instead of heading back to Port of Spain.

3. Re: Getting to Georgetown, Paramaribo and Cayenne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port of Spain