We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a hotel for airport connection flights

Which Port of Spain hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
purplepeonies
3 posts
Save Topic
Need a hotel for airport connection flights

We are traveling to Tobago for a vacation -- only flight we can take forces us to spend a night at Port of Spain and catch am flight to Crowne Point. Any ideas on where to stay where we can easily get to and from the airport? Am seeing horror stories about the closest hotel - Bel Air. Other suggestions?

Thanks!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,794 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

SKIP the BelAir! I would also skip Airport View as it is above a market. Read my posts from Feb around 3 or 5th. I chose Pax Guest House for both convenience and safety and was very glad I did. They arranged my taxi, also in prev post. Happy Travels.

Orange County, CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

We also need to stay close to the airport for connecting fligts. Were you able to find a place you would recommend?

austin, tx
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

what was the price range for the Pax Guest House? Their website doesn't have this information listed. thanks!!

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

We are in the West Indies for the cricket games, and just got back from a few days staying at Orchard View bed and breakfast. I would like to recommend this b&b as a great place to holiday at. We stayed three days there and really had a blast with them. They are really, as we say in Australia, awesome blokes. They told us that most of there guests are in-transit persons, so this would be great for you to stay for just the night, as they are close to the airport.

They have a very lovely home, very comfortable, clean and cosy, but friendliness and hospitality was best about staying there.

Kingston
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

Just returned from 2 weeks stay in Trinidad and Tobago. Needed overnight accommodation near the airport on two occasions.

Stayed at Leo's Place Bed and Breakfast in Trinicity. It is less than 10 minutes drive from Piarco Airport and 5 minutes away from Trincity Mall. The accommodation is clean, reasonably priced and safe. Leo will provide transportation to and from the airport.

Leo and his wife Cadalia were extremely kind and helpful, and made me and my granddaughter feel very much at home.

I highly recommend staying there. Contact number is 868-640-0117.

CRM

malibu
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

I just returned from an overnight in Trinidad and I would not recommend Leo's Place. Our room was not air-conditioned, street lights shone into the room so it was like daylight all night and barking/fighting dogs outside our window kept us up all night. The beds are wood frames with very old foam mattresses. The pillows were awful and you share a bathroom with Leo and his wife and anyone else that may be staying there. Leo and his wife are very nice people but the accommodations are not nice. On the way back, we skipped Leo's Place (although it was paid in full for one night) and stayed instead at Airport Suites Limited which was clean and fairly nice but noisy and expensive ($120 US).

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

A Holiday Inn Express was being built near the airport. Does anyone know if it is finished by now?

Trinidad
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

I know a very nice bed and breakfast very close to the airport in Trinidad: www.airportinntrinidad.com

you can look at the above website for more information

9. Re: Need a hotel for airport connection flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:27 am, August 30, 2009