We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad treatment at Kalloos car rental

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bad treatment at Kalloos car rental

Never rent from Kalloo's rentals in Port of Spain! First of all they promised me a car that was not there when I came to pick it up. Then when I finally got a car I had a flat tyre but the spare wheel did not not fit the bolts. After a lot of trouble I managed to buy a new wheel. When I complained about the spare wheel I was told that it was my obligation to check that it fits before I took off. I have rented cars all of the world but never been treated in such a nonchalant way.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Bad treatment at Kalloos car rental

This company obviously doesn't have a clue when it comes to customer service. There are many other car rental companies located both on and off the POS Airport. Most of them offer good customer service, here are some of the more reputable ones:

Avis

Budget

Fox

ACE

National

Better luck next time.

Mentioned in this post
Alberta
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Bad treatment at Kalloos car rental

My family of 8 used the service of Kalloos with some trepidation in large part because of this review. We went ahead because they offered the best price for our many needs over 7 days. We found Kalloos service to be top notch. There wasn't a time we had to wait for a driver and all were courteous and professional. Whether dealing with office staff or the drivers themselves (and we had many), I can not speak highly enough of our experience.

Edited: 4:43 pm, January 05, 2014
R J
Trinidad
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Bad treatment at Kalloos car rental

@thekiltedmoose I am glad to hear that you had a good experience. As we say in Trinidad, Gopaul luck is not Seepaul luck. Kalloos and the Consumer Affairs Division of the Trinidad government have since worked with my cousin to come up with a reasonable way to reimburse her for her terrible experience. I'm hoping that our reports and the Division's intervention led to them taking more care with their customers, including yourself. The goal of complaining, after all, is to advise them of shortfalls so that they can address their problems. Hope you continue to have a good experience with them. As for my family, I'm afraid we will never use them again. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,268 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Bad treatment at Kalloos car rental

Ha Ha, R J ... it's a looooooooooooong time since I heard anyone use that expression. You might have to explain it to kiltedmoose. Unfortunately I tend to have Gopaul luck.

ny state
7 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Bad treatment at Kalloos car rental

a sad day indeed when it was supposed to be you most brightest day of all , sorry to hear that you had bad service from a ,,,,, well known reptuable service provider like KALLOOS , ??

may be it was a new hire ?

any how i am sure the day overall was a sucess , and good luck to the bride and groom ,

16. Re: Bad treatment at Kalloos car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad