We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Trinidad and Tobago

Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Trinidad and Tobago

I work in the Caribbean and am going to T+T for the weekend.. a few questions ..

Saturday - I am in POS and am staying at the Hilton - any recommendations of what to do nearby and where I can go that is safe

I plan to go to Tobago on Sunday on the Ferry for the day - have you any recommendations of what I should do - according to the ferry timetable I should arrive at 11am and leave at 5pm - will this work ?

Thanks for your assistance

G.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Trinidad and Tobago

The Hilton isn't really near anything. Unless you walk down the hill to the Queens Park Savannah.

When you go to Tobago by Ferry you would need to take a taxi from Scarborough to get you to beach etc.

You can take a flight over to Tobago and walk to Store Bay from the Airport, spend day there and walk back for return flight.

When is it that you are taking this trip? Check to ensure you get Ferry tickets.

Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Trinidad and Tobago

Thanks for response - I arrive this Friday and leave Monday ...G

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Trinidad and Tobago

For POS take a taxi and let them drop you near Queens Savannah. From there you can walk into town. Or take a trip to Maracas or Caroni Swamp. Dont take a ferry for one day. You will be only in ferrys and in Scarborough is no beach. Airport is better in Tobago.

4. Re: Trip to Trinidad and Tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad and Tobago