We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selfdrive and cruises

belgium
Level Contributor
16 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Selfdrive and cruises

Hello,

Is it safe to selfdrive in trinidad ?

Are their any cruise leaving from Trinidad ?

Tnx

Adnila

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Selfdrive and cruises

I wouldn't advise that you drive in Trinidad ... the traffic is horrendous and they drive crazy, cutting in and out of traffic on a whim. And they drive on the left side of the road which would be different to what you are used to.

Yes, there are cruises that leave from Trinidad but I don't recall which cruise lines ... perhaps someone else will provide the answer.

Edited: 9:04 pm, March 29, 2012
belgium
Level Contributor
16 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selfdrive and cruises

Thank you for the info

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selfdrive and cruises

If you are comfortable using right hand drive cars then it may be a bit easier.

Depending on where and what timings you plan to drive you may encounter a lot of traffic. Be aware that streets and roads are not properly labelled and many of the rural roads are in poor condition.

Tobago seems to be an easier place to drive. I see a lot of tourist driving around. When I go over to Tobago I use a map and its not difficult to navigate at all.

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
311 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selfdrive and cruises

My wife and i are not used to drive at the left side of the Road and had nô problem during our vacation

Drivers in TT are not driving so crazy

Enjoy your TT trip !!!

Edited: 10:24 am, April 02, 2012
5. Re: Selfdrive and cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, April 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad and Tobago