We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival in T/T 2006 Pregnant

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Carnival in T/T 2006 Pregnant

Hello, I'm from Chicago and was wondering if it would be safe to attend Carnival 2006 while 4 months pregnant, I plan to try to get pregnant in Oct/Nov 2005. Age isn't on my side..Thus, visiting T/T is high on my list, but I don't want to risk...........

Also, are there any other Chicagoans or Chicagoans/Trinidadians on this forum who are going? I would like to network with ya! Thanks much!!!

pembroke pines fl
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival in T/T 2006 Pregnant

of course lots of women still have fun at carinval why not you

shelly American/trini

Trinidad
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival in T/T 2006 Pregnant

dont see that being a problem...plenty women get pregnant when they come here for carnival to..lol Richard/100%trini

pembroke pines fl
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival in T/T 2006 Pregnant

this is patrice I Lived in trinidad since I was seven and even played Carnival while I was pregaunt so go and have fun and do not think negative as long as your doctor say you are healthy and fine should be no problem and wood brook is very lively at carnival time

florida
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival in T/T 2006 Pregnant

I guess you alone can answer that questions ....what is more important to you?

The safety of your unborn child or missing out on the festival. There will be a Carnival 2007,2008......unless you plan on not going to the parties and participating im the festival. Good Luck to you!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnival in T/T 2006 Pregnant

Those people thats advising you to play mas while being pregnant must have their head up their A**.I would like to meet a doctor that says it ok,so i can report him to the medical board.Do you know what it takes to be on your feet from sun up to sundown in 90+ degrees constantly on the move?People run and exercise all year to get in shape for carnival.You could have answerd your own question..all is takes is common sense.Unless you had no idea whats involve when playing mas.If you just want to visit and be a spectator then thats ok.

pembroke pines fl
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnival in T/T 2006 Pregnant

she did not say she wanted to play just that she wanted to go, I may have made the mistake by saying to play but she can go to wood brook or the savanah and watch and may be take a jump or two what is wrong with that if her Dr. gives her the ok.

Get answers to your questions about Trinidad and Tobago