We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone take kids to Firefly, Peter Island or Guana Island

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone take kids to Firefly, Peter Island or Guana Island

While respecting the couples vibe these resorts seem to have I have a 12 yr old well-mannered world traveler who is anxious to join us on a "secluded" island beach. Anyone brought kids or seen them at any of these resorts and can tell me if it will be a problem or okay! Thanks so much!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,883 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone take kids to Firefly, Peter Island or Guana Island

I can't give you specific answers but having been to Mustique I can tell you that it's a very small and very quiet island. There won't be very much for your 12 YO to do, regardless of how well mannered he/she may be. Just one person's opinion but I think your child would be boared to death after only a few hours on that island.

I have seen children in the 12 YO range on Peter Island and there's ample things to keep them busy.

I can't comment on Guana Island as I've never been closer than an off-shore sail but from what I've read Peter Island might be your best choice. Also, take a look at Little Dix Bay. It's upscale like Peter Island, in a great setting and does get some families. Depending on the clientele while your there your 12 YO might find others of similar age. The resort does have a children's program that would give the adults in your party some time alone. Think about it.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone take kids to Firefly, Peter Island or Guana Island

Given your 3 choices, I would go with Guana. NO "snob issues" with your child and a beautiful spot. Firefly may be a bit "intimidating". Guana has a very laid back feeling. Not a lot to do. Snorkeling, Fishing and Swimming. Good Food and nice people.

World
Level Contributor
974 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone take kids to Firefly, Peter Island or Guana Island

Mustique is great for kids. If it during one of the major school holidays there are usually a bunch of kids . However, I would not stay at Firefly (even if they do take kids which I doubt) but Cotton House is great for kids.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone take kids to Firefly, Peter Island or Guana Island

thank you all for your great tips and advice!

St Vincent
Level Contributor
129 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone take kids to Firefly, Peter Island or Guana Island

I can confirm that Firefly in Mustique will not take children

6. Re: Anyone take kids to Firefly, Peter Island or Guana Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mustique