We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 or 3 nights in Carriacou?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
2 or 3 nights in Carriacou?

Plan to spend 5 nights in Grenada but deciding whether to spend 2 or 3 in Carriacou. Thinking of taking early ferry the 1st day from Grenada, having that day to spend either relaxing or wandering about, doing a day sail the next day and then not sure what I would do on the 3rd day and night. Any suggestions or insight please.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 or 3 nights in Carriacou?

You could head over to Sandy Island on the 3rd day, unless that is where you are planning to go on your daysail.

I have to admit, Carriacou is a bit too slow of a pace for me. I have some friends who absolutely love it there, spending the winter months living there, but for me, 2 nights is more than enough.

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
628 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 or 3 nights in Carriacou?

Do an island tour with Linky. He is very knowledgeable about the history of his island. Ask for him at the taxi stand near the dock in Hillsboro. Everyone knows him, and he is head of the taxi association. Have him take you by the bakery near his house for some real local treats.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 or 3 nights in Carriacou?

Last year I spent a whole week in Carriacou (Seaclusion suites). I can survive the slow, the very slow, the very very slow pace (did I mention it was slow paced...)of such a place but it can get to you if you want a little action. If your plan is to tick your map off for this part of the the world 3 days will do the job. Two days maybe a little short if you calculate all the transfer time spent getting there and back by ferry. I personally can say it is a great little island well worth visiting.

London
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 or 3 nights in Carriacou?

If you are only between Grenada and Carriacou for 5 nights, you will find more to do on Grenada for 3 nights with 2 in Carriacou. if you are ok with more rest and relaxation, 3 nights in Carriacou will be great.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 or 3 nights in Carriacou?

Sorry for not being clear. We'll be in Grenada for 5 (or 6) nights and Carriacou for 2 or 3 nights then on to Barbados.

6. Re: 2 or 3 nights in Carriacou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 13, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island