We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are planning a trip to Carriacou & Grenada

Brighton
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
We are planning a trip to Carriacou & Grenada

My boyfriend and I are planning to stay a week in Grenada and then a week in Carriacou, has anyone got any tips/advice on where to stay if you don't have a car? We are looking for somewhere that is quite secluded but within walking distance to restaurants, shops etc.

We need to stay somewhere where the sea is very calm as my boyfriend has a problem with is arm and doesn't want to worry about having to swim in rough seas, are there parts of the islands which generally have calmer waters?

If anyone knows of any good snorkeling spots on either island we would love to hear about them too!

I have heard that mosquitos are a problem on both islands and I am a mosquito magnet, any tips for keeping the little nippers away?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are planning a trip to Carriacou & Grenada

Have you tried posting on the Grenada forum(s)? Contrary to popular opinion, Carriacou is a Grenadian Grenadine and not a Vincentian Grenadine. That is, Carriacou and Grenada are one and the same country. I hope this helps.

Brighton
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are planning a trip to Carriacou & Grenada

thanks, yes I have tried the grenada forum aswell, wanted to try and get as many responses as possible.

newyork
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: We are planning a trip to Carriacou & Grenada

Carriacou is the ideal spot for snorkeling,and Carriacou Grand view Hotel is just what you are looking for,very quiet overlooking the town a 10 minutes walk to town close to local bus service and the rooms have a/c and very breezy keeping the nippers away,view them at www.carriacougrandview.com the only hotel with a swimming pool on the island.

4. Re: We are planning a trip to Carriacou & Grenada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island