We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anse la roche

Boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Anse la roche

2 years ago there were vagure rumors of development in the areas of Anse la Roche and also Chatham Bay over in Union Island. Any further info?

Mentioned in this post
Union Island
Union Island
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Delaware
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anse la roche

Development of the Anse La Roche/Petite Carenage area of Carriacou is well underway. See site www.carivu.com for details.

Mentioned in this post
Petite Carenage
Petite Carenage
2 Reviews
Grenada
UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anse la roche

Oh dear

Have they actually started building work yet? Does this mean Anse la Roche is no longer worth visiting as a quiet, unspoilt spot? (if there are currently diggers and builders on site???)

Thanks

R

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anse la roche

Do you here anything more about the construction?I'm heading down in a few weeks and wanted to stay at the Eco lodge close by just for the beach...but if it's over run with construction then I may go somewhere different.

Thanks

Mass.
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anse la roche

Hi, I just got back from 2 weeks in Carriacou. We spent a day on Anse La Roche. Believe me, it is exactly the same as is has been. There is no construction going on. Sue

UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anse la roche

Hi

Having just got back from our trip I can confirm what Sue says that there is no sign of any development on Anse la Roche.

As it happens we also visited Chatham Bay on Union island and there wasn't any sign of building etc there either.

R

Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anse la roche

From anyone who has been on the island recently- is the development still in the planning stages? Or has construction started?

Any info would be helpful.

Mass.
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anse la roche

I haven't been there since last February when nothing had changed. A friend of mine is in Carriacou right now and she says nothing has changed except the road has gotten worse and is barely passable. It's still a piece of heaven...

8. Re: Anse la roche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island