We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tradewinds at Mimmosa vs The Village Apartments.

Airdrie Alberta...
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tradewinds at Mimmosa vs The Village Apartments.

We were origanally booked in at the Mimmosa House but have been relocated to the Vilage Apartments. Has anyone seen both of these places and would you consider the Village Apts compareable to Mimmosa house. The pictures I have seen of Mimmosa house and the location look very nice, right on the water. Not sure about the village apts. Thanks for any advice.

B-More
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Tradewinds at Mimmosa vs The Village Apartments.

Brian,

I first found out about Bequia in 1994 when I purchased "Rum and

Reggae, An Insider's Guide to the Caribbean." In March of 1995 I

visited for 9 days and have been back several times since then.

I like Bequia because of its natural beauty, it isn't overrun with tourists, the locals and visitors seem to peacefully coexist, it is very laid back, the beaches are nice, for its small size there are excellent restaurants, and there are a lot of possibilities for day trips to

other islands. Bequia gives me an idea of what Caribbean life

may have been like decades ago. Enjoy your stay!!

John

>Hello jspur. I noticed that you have been to Bequia many times. >Just wondering what the main attraction to this island is for you.. I >will be staying a week in Feb. and am looking forward to it. We >tend to do differant islands each year with our time share >exchanges and now with our time on the Tradewinds Cruise Club. >I guess we are still looking for that PERFECT PLACE. It almost >sounds like Bequia may be that place for you.Thanks Brian.

B-More
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Tradewinds at Mimmosa vs The Village Apartments.

tch912,

We spent 11 nights at Dawn's from January 11-21. Our first 3 or 4

nights were spent in room 6 then we moved over to room 7. These

are what is described as the 'comfort rooms' which offer a nice view

of Admiralty Bay.

Room 6 is just across from Coco's Place so we could hear the music from a reggae/soca band playing there on a Friday night. We like music and even walked over for a few drinks. The band finshed before midnight. We liked room 7 better because the shower is inside the bathroom vs and outdoor shower in room 6 and the kitchen featured a small oven in addition to a cook top. The view from room 7 was better because vegetation between Dawn's and Coco's Place limits the radius of the panoramic view from the veranda.

There are no air conditioners at Dawn's, just ceiling fans. This wasn't a problem for us as we even used a thin blanket to stay

comfortable at night. I liked staying at Dawn's and would definitely

return in the future. The only drawback for some is that it was steep climb up the hill from Lower Bay, but to Kate and I the view was worth the climb. If you would like me to email photos contact me

jfspurathotmaildotcom.

John

>John, please write a trip report. I thought about Dawns but I don't >think they have air conditioning. My friends must have air. Also >what airport are you flying out of? Have fun, fun, fun. Then I will >take go to Bequia I will continue the fun where you left off when I >arrive in April.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
204 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Tradewinds at Mimmosa vs The Village Apartments.

Thanks for the trip report. I can't wait to see the pictures. I am so ready for this trip. Also can the magazine, Rum and Reggae still be purchased? I would like a current copy. I would try to find it on the internet.

Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Tradewinds at Mimmosa vs The Village Apartments.

Rum and Reggae Grenadines is a guidebook, I think just an excerpt from the overall Caribbean guide. I like them a lot as well. On amazon:

http://tinyurl.com/2sms8o

san diego
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Tradewinds at Mimmosa vs The Village Apartments.

We are definitely resort/vacations divers, and don't get to go often. How difficult is the diving? If I dive, will I still be able to go ashore, enjoy beaches, etc, or will I miss out on all that?

We are booked at the tradewinds by the sea. Has anyone stayed there? It's only one night, so it really doesn't matter much, I guess.

26. Re: Tradewinds at Mimmosa vs The Village Apartments.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 23, 2009