We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in November - rain or shine?

New York City
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in November - rain or shine?

Hi all - my fiance and I are honeymooning in Bequia starting Nov 12 - what will the weather be like? I just looked on weather.com and saw nothing but rain clouds on Bequia for the next 10 days! Should we reschedule our trip for later in the year? Our last trip together was ruined by a 10 day rainstorm and we have vowed, "never again!"

Please give us a realistic response - we only get to take one honeymoon and I don't to spend it huddled indoors drinking rum and re-reading "The Stand."

World
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in November - rain or shine?

Here are some rainfall stats for Friendship Bay, Bequia. The weather averages are from 1994-2003 and maintained by a retired Canadian/British mariner who lives on the island. Here is the web address http://www.freenet.hamilton.on.ca/~aa462/beqrain.jpg

November, although still rainy season, is considerably less rainy than Octover and gets drier as the month goes along.

Although I'm guessing, my bet is that weather.com is relying on weather forecasts for St. Vincent which is much much rainier than Bequia owing to its volcanic peaks that snag the rain clouds and create daily downpours year round

USA
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in November - rain or shine?

This summer's weather patterns have been unusual because of a mini el nino effect. There has been very, very little rain or disturbed weather in the Grenadines - as elsewhere in the Caribbean and the usual high risk areas such as Florida and the Gulf states.

That said, the weather in the last few days has shown signs of reverting to type. If you check out a satellite of the Atlantic, you will see "weather" all along the ITCZ - just as it should be.

My guess therefore is that you will have typical November weather - breezy sunshine and showers.

If you want guaranteed sunshine 24/7, then you have better chance of finding this type of weather in the Grenadines after February.

The plus of visiting in November (apart from better hotel rates in most places!) is that it is quiet, and not yet peak season. The place will feel like your own and all around you will be lush and green with flowers blooming everywhere.

3. Re: Weather in November - rain or shine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 24, 2009