We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

Greenbelt, MD
3 posts
Save Topic
Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

My wife and I are honeymooning in mid-August in Bequia. Any recommendations on staying at the Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's? The price for each is about right and we are interested in staying near Lower Bay.

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

They are all good choices. I

would tend to rate Keegan's a bit lower unless you can get it without the obligatory meal plan. There are so many good places to eat in Bequia, it would be a shame to limit yourselves.

The principal difference between Kingsville and Dawn's Creole is that the former are self-catering cottages (very nice) while Dawn's is a hotel. Also, Kingsville is on the flat across from the beach, whereas Dawn's is up a short but steep hill. Accordingly, Dawn's h as wonderful ocean views, Kingsville does not. Some rooms at Dawn's do not have good views so, if you stay there, specify this is what you want.

Greenbelt, MD
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

If we were able to get a room at Keegan's without having to use their meal plan, would you then recommend that above Creole or Kingsville?

Also, if we were to choose on trip with the Friendship Rose, would you recommend the Tobago Cays, Mustique, or St. Vincent?

Thanks!!

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

If I wanted self-catering facilities. I would put Kingsville first. After that, my preference is Dawn's but many would pick Keegan's. It's a hard choice but they're all good.

As for he Rose, my favourite trip is the Leeward Coast of St. Vincent, but for fist-timers I would recommend the Cays as there is no place like this in the world.

indiana
Level Contributor
260 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

Do take the Friendship Pose, somewhere. The Tobago Cays trip is great, but it is a very long day.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

Tobago Cays definately. Last time I went with Passion but that has now been sold. I was most upset having booked the Cays trip on Friendhsip Rose for the 30th (June) only to be told on arrival that it was cancelled due to bad weather over the Cays. I was not available to go on the other dates available ;-(

You will love it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

Dickie, you said the Passion has been sold? We were planning on going on the Friendship Rose for one cruise and the Passion catamaran for another. Do you know of another catamaran day-cruise operation out of Bequia?

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

Sorry, there is no catamaran day sail service in Bequia at present. Too bad. Passion was a wonderful experience.

NH, USA
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

It has been 6-7 years, but we (wifie and I) have stayed at both Keegans and Kingsville. Frankly, we did not like Keegans, as it was a small room with a small veranda shared (if I recall correctly) with the adjacent room. We wanted to store food in the 'frig in the kitchen, which was allowed, except that the kitchen was locked up at night. Meals were so-so.

On and on.

Granted, it is right over the road from the beach, but on balance, Kingsville was our much preferred accommodations.

Also, you did not mention as under consideraton, but we have friends who have stayed at DeReef, also on Lower Bay, for years, adn they love it. We are considering DeReef for 2007, if we can make arrangements. It is reputed to be quite nice, not far from the beach, and rather inexpensive.

Ed

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

It is only recently that Keengan's has started going up in people's estimation as a place to stay. The main reason is that the younber generation of the family has taken over, and they are enthusiastic and interested in their guests' well-being. This makes all the difference.

That said, De Reef is a consistent winner, the only problem being that it is sometimes diffficult to get into because (thsoe darn) 'regulars' keep coming back !

vienna
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Creole Garden, Kingsville, or Keegan's?

we were three weeks in Bequia kingsville

we enjoyed the beach and lower bay

it`s real a wonderful place with very nice people

and the apartments would be perfect

but unfortunatly they have a security problem there

if you like to stay there ask if they have done something with their windows and/or some security

we got robbed their in our last night

and found out that this happened not the first time and police told us their windows are not safe and it`s easy to reach the houses from the bush/gardens nearby

Get answers to your questions about Bequia