We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation on Bequia

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
transportation on Bequia

I'll be on Bequia mid-November through mid-January/14 in a studio up in the hills. I can't really

afford car-rental- are there alternatives? I'd heard golf carts! mopeds? I'll be walking as much as

I can but will need wheels some of the time.... thanks

Bequia
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation on Bequia

There are rental mokes, but they are almost as expensive as regular vehicles. Try walking down to town, beaches etc. and take a taxi home. It usually is much cheaper.

UK
Level Contributor
575 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation on Bequia

I'd agree with that. And depending where you are staying you might well be able to use the dollar buses that run between Paget Farm and Port Elizabeth. Unfortunately not an opton on the other side of the island.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation on Bequia

Thanks for your common sense response! Sounds like the best option.

And sounds like you know the island well...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation on Bequia

Thanks for your response- I wasn't aware of the bus and will undoubtedly end up using it!

5. Re: transportation on Bequia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 27, 2014