We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Fort now a hotel again?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Old Fort now a hotel again?

There is an article in this month's Conde Nast Traveller about the Grenadines, and it mentions a stay at the Old Fort. I thought the Old Fort was available as a villa rental only? Has it returned as a hotel?

St. Vincent
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Fort now a hotel again?

Thank you for your thoughts! At present we are running The Old Fort as a private estate with the possibility for couples or smaller groups to also rent single rooms if we are not fully booked. In regards to single rooms however we would usually ask a minimum of 5 nights. From this November we are also planning to have tea time and a property tour. This would be once a week during a limited time in the afternoon and by reservation only. This would not be a money making thing, however to give people who are visiting the island a chance to discover the property!

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Fort now a hotel again?

tea time...is that like a proper 'english' afternoon tea? that would be nice because nobody else does it...

St. Vincent
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Fort now a hotel again?

Yes time permitting we are planning "afternoon tea" once per week and per reservation only between a prescribed time in the evening. Keep in the loop through our facebook page. Regards!

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Fort now a hotel again?

will you have any gluten free options for your tea?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Fort now a hotel again?

tea, by its nature is gluten free

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Fort now a hotel again?

Tea, the beverage, is gluten free...an afternoon Tea with sandwiches, scones, cakes and cookies/biscuits, etc. is not, unless made with gluten free flours...

Innisfil, Ontario...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Fort now a hotel again?

i'll make you some gluten free baked goods if I can find the ingredients when I come down.

8. Re: Old Fort now a hotel again?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 14, 2014