We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
479 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

My wife and I have been to the Grenadines a few times over the years visiting Bequia and Mustique with a few side trips to the other islands. This time we are changing things up a bit...please see our below proposed itinerary and let me know if it looks good or if there is anything obviously wrong with it besides being too short :) I guess I am just looking for a gut check here:

Saturday January 25th--depart JFK-GND on Delta at 12:30AM..land in GND at 6:30 AM (why Delta schedules this as a redeye flight is beyond me)

Sit at GND airport and take SVG Air at 9:00 AM to Union island and water taxi to Mayreau

Saturday and Sunday night in Mayreau, Dennis Hideaway..day trip to Tobago Cays Sunday

Early Monday morning catch Jaden Sun Ferry to Bequia

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night in Bequia (3 nights...we are having having issues finding accommodations Jan 27-30 as its a short term stay and music festival ends the 26th so I guess people stay the following week and its jammed)

Thursday morning take Jaden Sun to Union Island..stay at Kings Landing hotel, hit Happy Island bar, beaches, local place for dinner, etc.

Friday Morning take SVG Air at 8:35 AM Union back to GND.

All day Friday and night and Saturday hang out in Grenada (no idea where yet) ...and fly Delta GND-JFK at 7:05 PM out that Saturday.

I know its a lot jammed in there but we only have a week and are using miles on Delta for reward tix and must fly to GND if we want to go to Grenadines since Delta pulled out of BGI.

Any thoughts or feedback are appreciated!

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
579 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

Yes wouldn't that be nice ! But given that it doesn't even seem possible for the two ferry companies to stagger their schedules so there was a wider choice of times, I fear you are right in believing it'll never happen.

Rather like here where the gas, electricity and water companies all like to dig up the roads one after the other instead of synchonizing their works so that traffic is disrupted once instead of three times....

Edited: 11:15 am, August 19, 2013
Whistler, B.C...
Level Contributor
113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

I would not opt for water taxi to Carriacou for just one day.

It is often an unpleasant and very bumpy ride.

There is enough to take in on Union... Chatham Bay is lovely...

and an evening drink at Happy Island would finish your day nicely.

enjoy!

13. Re: Grenadines itinerary--how does this look?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 28, 2014