We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

Saint Briavels...
Level Contributor
324 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

Thought you all might like to know (if you didn't already) that a new restaurant is opening on Bequia. The Deckhouse launches on 8th March on the site of the old Daffodill's Dock in Hamilton (beneath the fort). The views from there are amazing and, having tasted the chef's cooking before, I have no doubt the food will be too. Open for drinks and snacks, dinner and Sunday brunch by reservation. Always good to have somewhere new to try I think? Can't wait to try it myself.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

Wow... Sunday brunch huh? That sounds very interesting. Hope it's open in 2014 so I can check it out.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

it seems the best way to approach this location is by water taxi as there is no room for parking cars!!!

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

are they going to be offering water taxi pick up from any particular dock?

Saint Briavels...
Level Contributor
324 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

Not sure Ladolcevita but you could call them - (784) 570 6590 or email: info@thedeckhousebequia.com; (www.thedeckhousebequia.com). I won't be back for a couple more weeks, so if you try it out before then please do let us all know?

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

Adrian is the person running the show. If you book a reservation he will send a water taxi anywhere in the harbor.The menu will be snack food for tonite. wings fishcake lobster bits ect.I think it worth a try.So we will be there and give a review tomorrow.

Bequia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

Went Friday night. I think they have a lot of kinks and safety issues to work out. Hope they can get it right.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

I agree,we waited 2 hours for chicken wings and fries.. The dinghy dock is too high to safely get on and off with taxies or dinghys.Our friend fell on her face when she fell in a drainhole with no cover on it. Banged up hershoulder and leg as well.We left without getting our food.Not near enough staff Now the good news,Adrian did supply a water taxi. the people who did get food told me it was quite good.There was about 50 people and I think it was way more then they could handle. the atmosphere is very nice with cushy sofas and chairs.Good luck on the next opening Adrian

Birmingham, Alabama
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

Do you have any photos of the Deck House---thanks, Jim

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

We went again friday . Got a water taxi. The chicken stir fry and rice was quite good. there was 6 of us and another table of 6..Price was reasonalbe.The only downside was that you have to sit on picnic tables. Not very comfortable..

London, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Waterfront Restaurant Opening - The Deckhouse.

Ate a good brunch at The Deckhouse yesterday. Fresh coffee, excellent service and a superb location right on the waters edge. Water taxi is the best way to arrive but you can also access it by parking on the main road and walking down a short steep hill. The hill is a good calorie burner on the way back up.

Since a good breakfast usually signifies a good kitchen we will go back and try dinner.