We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pipes Across Lower Bay

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Pipes Across Lower Bay

Mangos has laid pipes running to and from its new lobster tank. Unsafe and unsavory, they spoil the beach. One broke off or was sawed and left and it now is so wedged in the rock that it cannot be remedied, Dare I suggest that we stop patronizing until the pipes are removed?

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pipes Across Lower Bay

some people just don't understand tourism...people come here for the sunshine and heat and to spend time relaxing on the beaches...uglifying the beaches is not good for tourism...

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pipes Across Lower Bay

Like your word, "uglifying"; "tackifying" also applies :)

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pipes Across Lower Bay

I was just down to Lower Bay, that pipe looks so flimsy I'm sure it will disappear in the next surge...I see that Karib Cable is doing it's effort at uglification too with posters up on just about every electrical pole between Port Elizabeth and Lower Bay...

Saint Briavels...
Level Contributor
324 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pipes Across Lower Bay

The pipe was exposed and broken by last week's big surges (having previously been buried so no one knew it was there. Mangos tell me that plans are in hand to repair the pipe and bury it much deeper so that hopefully it will not happen again...

5. Re: Pipes Across Lower Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 05, 2014