We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A bequia wedding?

Hay-on-Wye, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A bequia wedding?

Hi there, I am looking at the idea of getting married in bequia feb 2013, or 2014. I am currently in New Zealand and probably wont get the chance of visiting before the big day. Do you think it is possible at all to organize a wedding such as cakes, flowers, the registar etc over the internet. My parents live in Bequia so im sure they can source many things for me, however im really looking for any links to website for cakes, flowers and wedding hire etc. Can anyone help. I was really after an idea what was available, however i realise that not everyone has websites available for me to look at. My idea to to have my wedding at my parents house in bequia.

thanks for your help in advance

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A bequia wedding?

Try: acaribbeanwedding.com

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
328 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A bequia wedding?

Suzanne Gabriel is a very experienced wedding co-ordinator living on the island and I am sure she can help you with as much or as little of your wedding arrangements as you would like. She is one of the few people in the wedding business with a website though so you may need to get your ideas from other businesses around the world and take them to her to see if they can be interpreted locally.Email: suzanne@acaribbeanwedding.com or call 784 5287444 .

For a photographer I would strongly recommend Wilfred Dederer who is by far the best on the island and again has much weddng experience - outhouse@vincysurf.com or call: 457 3649

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A bequia wedding?

we were at a wedding recently and the gorgeous wedding cake was made by Mrs. King who's husband Orton runs the Turtle Sanctuary... www.turtles.bequia.net

Suzanne Gabriel, mentioned above made a beautiful orchid bouquet for the bride...

Tauranga, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A bequia wedding?

Thank you for all your help ladies. I have been in touch with Suzanne and have decided to use her services. :-)

Hay-on-Wye, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A bequia wedding?

Thanks everyone, have decided to go with Suzanne. :-)

Dallas
Level Contributor
158 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A bequia wedding?

There are two amazing wedding cake girls in St Vincent. Check out Amanda Cakegirl Vanloo on FaceBook or or Jin Jin Sweet tooth.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A bequia wedding?

I got married in Bequia in 2008 and the Friendship Rose organised everything for us. Flowers, cake, photographer, drinks, going to St.Vincent to get wedding certificate etc. We took a trip down to the Tobago Cays and had the ceremony there, had a snorkel with the wild turtles (in a white swimming cossy obviously) and then came back to Bequia and had our evening reception in Jack's bar. If you'd like any hints or hints, just ask.

Tauranga, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: A bequia wedding?

Wow thanks DylanKia and DavoIrie, I've just been looking at Amanda Cakegirl Vanloo cakes on her Facebook, they look fab.

Does anyone have any more contacts for florists in saint vincent or Bequia? I think I've got the cake sorted now, just need to look into flowers, which i realise will probably have to get sourced for saint vincent rather than Bequia.

Its quite hard trying to locate and organise things when I'm located on the other side of the world, so any help at all is really appreciated.

Also if anyone is able to recommend any good caterers in bequia then that would be helpful. Wedding size will be a max of 15 so quite small.

Edited: 10:57 pm, August 14, 2012
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A bequia wedding?

I am also getting married on Bequia. Would love to pass around ideas with you, as I am also planning from out of country. :)

Tauranga, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: A bequia wedding?

Hi TXGirl34, I have private messaged you :)